Looking for info on this intake SBC 377 Vortec Mercruiser tunnel ram

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

436monte
Re: Looking for info on this intake SBC 377 Vortec Mercruiser tunnel ram

Post by 436monte »

I ended up with one of these as well and ended up finding a lid on ebay off the MCX 350 it's a pretty close fit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rebelyell
Expert
Expert

Post by rebelyell »

436monte wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:12 pm I ended up with one of these as well and ended up finding a lid on ebay off the MCX 350 it's a pretty close fit.
Great! Welcome aboard ST
Can you describe any mods required to fit that MCX350 top to your new Mercruiser intake ?
436monte

Post by 436monte »

it actually fits fairly well and covers the top. it looks like port alignment in the rear could be an issue if it was centered, i will try and atake some more pictures of it as well to post. The factory fuel rail is not a cheap piece. it looks like it came with Keihin injectors. not sure if a bosch or something more common could be adapted
Bill Chase
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Bill Chase »

436monte wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:12 pm I ended up with one of these as well and ended up finding a lid on ebay off the MCX 350 it's a pretty close fit.
Would love to see the top, how the ports are routed, overall length of intake runners, cross section. That base is just itching for a custom plate with a tbs 190-250 blower
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

Bill Chase,. Edelbrock has a supercharger intake manifold for vortec heads that fits a lil Eaton 122H blower. E Force 122.
The top comes off. This Edelbrock blower intake could be used with a custom top plate to attach a TBS 192 supercharger. There is both a vortec head version and a version for the older 55-86 sbc heads.
I believe the intake casting is common "universal" , just machined -drilled bolt holes differently for either.
The trouble is getting Edelbrock to sell you just the bare intake manifold.

The sbc TBS 192 blower kit intake manifold itself may have enough meat to allow modding it to fit vortec cylinder heads. IMHO the TBS 192 sbc blower kit is great for a SBC. With its 4-71 style blower top inlet flange lots of ways to run various carb(s) or EFI on it.
It is proven 650 ++ HP capable.
Tom68
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Tom68 »

Bill Chase wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:06 am
Would love to see the top, how the ports are routed, overall length of intake runners, cross section. That base is just itching for a custom plate with a tbs 190-250 blower
Top runners are just decorative humps to make it look like even spaced ports I believe.
Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does.
Nah, I'm not leaving myself out of the ignorant brigade....at times.
1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

That intake is cool, just not $2000 cool :lol: