Molnar vs K1 vs compstar crank and rods

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Mikej26
Re: Molnar vs K1 vs compstar crank and rods

Post by Mikej26 »

[/quote]

Also if your going with a light weight crank it may need Heavy Metal installed which can be expensive. You need rods that have plenty of cam to rod clearance.
[/quote]

Good point. The lightweight crank is probably unnecessary in my case anyhow.
rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

Blockman, the lifters needed .3" taller link bars. In regards to the oil pan issue, the Dart blocks use a wider main cap that extends into the pan rail area. I had to abandon my 9"deep sump pan and purchase new. Many of the manufacturers would not guarantee their pan would fit. The term "stroker clearance" did not mean it would work on a Dart block. I'm sure you have a go to pan you like to use, but the OP is talking about re-using parts.
So much to do, so little time...
Mikej26

Post by Mikej26 »

rfoll wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:01 am Blockman, the lifters needed .3" taller link bars. In regards to the oil pan issue, the Dart blocks use a wider main cap that extends into the pan rail area. I had to abandon my 9"deep sump pan and purchase new. Many of the manufacturers would not guarantee their pan would fit. The term "stroker clearance" did not mean it would work on a Dart block. I'm sure you have a go to pan you like to use, but the OP is talking about re-using parts.
Thanks for looking out. I knew I’d have to get a new pan already for the simple fact that my dipstick is currently on the opposite side. When skimming a few different companies pans I noted that some of them state that they’re for a dart block. Also thanks for the heads up on the 415 straight from dart via competition products. Undecided whether I will go that direction, but great to know it’s an option.
77cruiser
Guru
Guru

Post by 77cruiser »

No special pan on my Little M.
Jim
Mikej26

Post by Mikej26 »

BLOCKMAN wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:36 pm
Mikej26 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:42 am
rfoll wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:01 am Blockman, the lifters needed .3" taller link bars. In regards to the oil pan issue, the Dart blocks use a wider main cap that extends into the pan rail area. I had to abandon my 9"deep sump pan and purchase new. Many of the manufacturers would not guarantee their pan would fit. The term "stroker clearance" did not mean it would work on a Dart block. I'm sure you have a go to pan you like to use, but the OP is talking about re-using parts.
Thanks for looking out. I knew I’d have to get a new pan already for the simple fact that my dipstick is currently on the opposite side. When skimming a few different companies pans I noted that some of them state that they’re for a dart block. Also thanks for the heads up on the 415 straight from dart via competition products. Undecided whether I will go that direction, but great to know it’s an option.
My splayed caps I put on are 7.500 wide which is wider then the Dart blocks caps and never have bothered anyone I have sold a block to...................

Blockman, when I get a minute in a bit here to sit down and write something out I will be PM’ing you