King versus clevite

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

n2xlr8n
Expert
Expert

Re: King versus clevite

Post by n2xlr8n »

I recently experienced this with King MB5013XP (four differents sets from different suplliers) and King XP in .010 oversize.

The finish was terrible, especially on the thrust, and the oil clearances were everywhere. I trusted the bearings, had the block line honed, tried another STD crank, etc. Turned out it was the King bearings.

I'll stick with what I've had success with from now on.
He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.
rebelrouser
Guru
Guru
Re: King versus clevite

Post by rebelrouser »

fishman wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:35 pm Starting to see king bearings being sold out here on the island, most of us are only fimilar with clevite. Are they as good as clevite
I use both, have little problems with either. I guess maybe I cannot measure accurate enough to see the thickness variations other mention. I just make sure a stock rebuild gets the proper bearing and a performance build gets the better race type bearings, I see more issues with guys trying to use a standard replacement bearing with a performance crank that needs extra clearances for the radius. But whatever is in stock today seems to be more important than waiting for a particular brand, as long as quality is reasonable with either brand.