GM splayed caps

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Lizardracing
Pro
Pro
Re: GM splayed caps

Post by Lizardracing »

Jesus people. Take it outside if you wanna bicker like children.
Forget the question...I'll figure it out myself.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

pdq67 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:45 pm (I have posted this probably in the way past BUT if I wanted to use a stock SBC block, I would deck it say a 1/4 to 3/16 of an inch and install a steel plate double bent to go from bank to bank to tie the "V's" together.

Then I would bore it and install thick ductile iron sleeves. (Locked in best as possible!)...

Next, I would girdle the bottom end so that it was as strong as the new top end and go!

Oh, and finally, I would have first made both the top plate and girdle so that exterior tie-bolts running along both sides of the block could tie both of them together vertically!

I figure the block should be able to handle a grenade going off in it's "V" when placed on the ground up-side-down!

BUT won't a new, real, "DUCTILE-IRON", block make all this unnecessary?

pdq67
Please read the BLUE above again!

pdq67
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

BLOCKMAN wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:03 am
midnightbluS10 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:44 am
BLOCKMAN wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:09 pm

To the midnightbluS10 IDIOT

Express my opinion and you turned into a LITTLE GIRL LMAO

I would have to ask how set of splayed flat bottom caps you have put on and do you own a machine shop ??Just comparing apples to apples here.........

YOU MUST BE ANOTHER KEY BOARD MACHINIST LOL

What Billet post posted makes zero sense you have an outer splayed bolt going out past the register cut pulling that part of the block to the center and that area is the thickest part of the block it would be pretty hard to crack that area. Pictures would have been nice.
Pot, meet kettle. You're the one that flipped the [DELETE THIS POST] out over someone relaying their own experiences Lmfao. You're wound tight, ain't ya, guy? Go take a couple of Xanax. I'm not the one typing in caps and using 57 punctuation marks after a sentence Lmfao. You're obviously very fired up over this. People don't just scream at strangers for nothing lmfao

Seriously dude. You're a trip. You should probably calm down before you stroke out over someone else's block cracking :lol: :lol: :lol: you gonna go on Facebook and complain about me to all your little buddies now, like you usually do? You're the problem here, whether you realize it or not.
Don't even know who are other then a you just a cry baby and key board machinist. LOL If I knew what your name was I would block you on F/B
Key board machinist? Lmfao.

Dude, I've never claimed that I've even ever machined anything, much less enough for you to call someone a keyboard machinist. You literally have no clue wtf you're talking about, so you're just throwing insults hoping something sticks. Come on, dude. Act like a grown man.

Just stop. You're only making yourself look stupid, Carl. You're the one crying over someone else relaying their experiences. I've only asked you questions. None of which you've answered. You've only cried like a *****.

So you gonna answer anything or just cry? You might ought to calm down before you have a stroke lmfao
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Big bald guy

Post by Big bald guy »

Blocked on Facebook? Welcome to junior high...
TEROL

Post by TEROL »

All this drama with one of the usual players. I don't know if the infamous swedge,swadge,swidge, small end bushing pixxxing contest ever came to an end.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Carl was banned from SpeedTalk by Don. Re-registering under a new name(BLOCKMAN), doesn't change that. It sure didn't take too long, to see why he was banned. For all others that lost their cool on this thread, you're not helping this community. If you can't be a constructive part of the Speed-Talk community, you will be following Carl.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449