Oil in intake.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

shoedoos
Expert
Expert

Re: Oil in intake.

Post by shoedoos »

why don't you use a normal PCV and then just regulate the vacuum yourself with something like this in the valve cover or floor of the intake?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nascar-Vacuum- ... 7203!US!-1
dfarr67
Expert
Expert

Post by dfarr67 »

BobbyB wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:27 am
dfarr67 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:21 am Looking at this Wagner valve:

http://mewagner.com/?page_id=1927

Expensive....but other than a catch can- may go a long way in dealing with oil in the plenum on a 383.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/show ... p?t=787630

If I can get another five interested in a purchase- it would be a substantial savings.
How many buyers do you currently have?
Three guys so far interested. Email Barbara and add your name if you like- quote my email as a reference. davefarr1967@gmail.com
dfarr67
Expert
Expert

Post by dfarr67 »

Dave,

Please have the interested parties e-mail their order to me and mention Daves2020 Group Buy to receive the discount. When I receive 6 orders I will send each party their invoices through PayPal which they can pay for with any credit card. Thank for your getting your group buy together.

Barbara Wagner

Customer Service
M/E Wagner Performance Products
570-899-4544
www.mewagner.com
dfarr67
Expert
Expert

Post by dfarr67 »

We have reached the purchase threshold, I've asked Wagner to hold group buy open for another week.
BobbyB
Pro
Pro

Post by BobbyB »

What is the price with the group buy discount?
dfarr67
Expert
Expert

Post by dfarr67 »

Discount Information
25% discount off of all DF-17 Dual Flow PCV Valve purchases ($96.75 discounted price)
Free shipping on US orders, non-US customers pay standard shipping (non-US shipping rates are already discounted)
No discount on inline adaptors or other accessories
Group must order a total of 6 or more DF-17 Dual Flow PCV Valves to qualify for discount (buyers may purchase more than one valve each)
dfarr67
Expert
Expert

Post by dfarr67 »

Dredging this thread up again. With the Wagner PCV installed, SS wool in the PCV valve cover baffle and an air oil separator, Canton windage tray- the symptoms have been corrected. Will be doing a leakdown test and have a look at the bores with a camera.
Question- in a relatively fresh engine, what have you found that puts oil in the plenum? poor ring seal? poor windage control? glazed cyl walls. I would have to say initially the EFI tune was way off- the only thing I could do for awhile was change oil frequently until I got it sorted.
- engine never did 'use oil', didn't smoke either.