Would there be away to /holley 4412

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Little Mouse
Expert
Expert
Would there be away to /holley 4412

Post by Little Mouse »

Holley 500 cfm two barrel, could there be a way to take the throttle shaft and its (I'll call them levers) and move them to the other side of the carb then get a fuel bowl with its accelerator pump to match up to that other side, things like ford auto kickdown and choke would be disgarded.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: Would there be away to /holley 4412

Post by ProPower engines »

I have never seen a reversed accel. pump on either a 2bbl or 4bbl
The float bowls are the same front and rear on a 4bbl but if you want the fuel to enter on the drivers side you can get a tap and thread the existing bowl you have or get anew bowl with the LH feed for fuel and block the RS with a plug.

I have to ask why or what are you trying to accomplish by doing it that way??

If it helps can you just run the carb backwards from normal direction and use a bell crank to correct the linkage operation???
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
Tuner
Guru
Guru

Post by Tuner »

Investigate if a double-pumper secondary throttle shaft can be used to keep the pump cam in the original throttle side location and do whatever is necessary to attach whatever throttle lever you want on the other end, the original choke side. I don't know if the spacing to line up the pump cam is right, but I think it has to be the same in relation to the throttle bore location vs. the pump arm and diaphragm rocker arm locations, because the same parts work on either end of a double-pumper. Some sort of bracket mounted on the choke housing mounting screw holes in the body can accommodate the idle speed screw.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Well I have this thought of using an edelbrock street tunnel ram base, cutting the runners loose at the bottom angle each side so that the runners end up even then also angle them outward just a tad make bases for the two barrel to mount to, then would cut the rear part of the air cleaner mounting off then mount the carbs both fuel bowls facing outward. Make an IR manifold.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Should be a way to turn the carbs around and make it work.