Moderator: Team

BOOT
Guru
Guru

Re: Adjustable guide plates

Post by BOOT »

Yup those are em!
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
travis
Guru
Guru

Post by travis »

Good stuff indeed! I got these Jomars in yesterday...just went out and did 1 bank in about 30 minutes. These things are awesome...and all those 2 piece GP’s just went into the scrap metal pile :lol:

Before these showed up I did try another brand of AGP (Dart). Not nearly as sloppy fitting as what came with these heads, and wasn’t nearly as hard to set up. But, these Jomars are the shiznit!

FWIW, on the original AGP’s, I did try some ARP lube between the stud and GP, and clean and dry between the GP and the head. It would hold until those last few ft-lbs, and then twist.
turbo camino
Expert
Expert

Post by turbo camino »

I am SHOCKED that you had a hard time trying to use the plates intended to be welded, without welding them. Shocked!
DON'T PANIC
Charliesauto
Pro
Pro

Post by Charliesauto »

travis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:17 pm Good stuff indeed! I got these Jomars in yesterday...just went out and did 1 bank in about 30 minutes. These things are awesome...and all those 2 piece GP’s just went into the scrap metal pile :lol:

Before these showed up I did try another brand of AGP (Dart). Not nearly as sloppy fitting as what came with these heads, and wasn’t nearly as hard to set up. But, these Jomars are the shiznit!

FWIW, on the original AGP’s, I did try some ARP lube between the stud and GP, and clean and dry between the GP and the head. It would hold until those last few ft-lbs, and then twist.
You should have used the CMD I suggested.
travis
Guru
Guru

Post by travis »

I’m not sure what CMD is, but I tried a few different things I had on hand...ARP ultra torque, some moly assembly grease, and some Lucas assembly looks lube. I think the stud hex was starting to dig into the big hole in the guide plates
tenxal
Expert
Expert

Post by tenxal »

travis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:17 pmGood stuff indeed! I got these Jomars in yesterday...just went out and did 1 bank in about 30 minutes. These things are awesome...and all those 2 piece GP’s just went into the scrap metal pile :lol:
Glad you like 'em. One of the best kept 'secrets' out there. :wink:

I tried every sort of lube under the Isky adjustables...CMD, ARP, Permatex Severe and even moly paste with no improvement.
rebelyell
Expert
Expert

Post by rebelyell »

Many great builders' secret sauce. Even works on floater axles' drive ends & hubs; even cambered

CMD #3

https://www.cmdlubeoil.com/extreme-pressure-lubricant/

Always welded two-piece guide plates; simple.
Dragsinger
Expert
Expert

Post by Dragsinger »

FYI, I talked with John Jomar about the SBC adjustable plates for 3/8" pushrod. He said "the current design will only allow.070" offset. I am working on a design that will allow .150" offset but it is not ready."

I ask him to put me on the notify list because my Camaro is in body shop jail so the timeline is OK for now. If the new design is not ready when I need them I will do the tried and true two-piece tack tig welded.
Larry Woodfin - Team Woodfin Racing - Owner, Woodfin Automotive