Post by af2 »

GURU is only a name.
Adam
rebelyell
Expert
Expert

Re: SBC alum heads

Post by rebelyell »

cv67 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:29 pm Sure would be nice if someone from AFR piped in to share more information on these.
It would sure aid them Id think?
kindly emailed AFR several days ago re: Enforcer Country of Origin
NO Reply
bobmc

Post by bobmc »

you can get Brodix or Dart lowend heads american made for about $1000-1100 complete, I think the cheap AFR heads would say made in USA if they were, I like those thin stem valves and expect those heads will dyno better than the lowend Brodix and Dart on 350-383 cube engines
autogear
Vendor

Post by autogear »

Pro-Filer heads will more than likely outperform the Iron Killer and SHP type heads; and stack up very well with traditional AFRs, along with being American made. Approx.1000 bux a pair bare and 1200 for a loaded set. Thats for 195cc 2.02/1.60s (loaded was with hyd roller springs).
Castings looked extremely well done and the machining was just as nice.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

af2 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:59 am Hear you go Paul....https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Alumi ... 5949!US!-1
WE know who makes them and if they are worth it, (i.e., any good)?

And thanks af2 for getting back.

pdq67
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

You can get that 195 profiler head with a 2.05 intake valve if you want it. Look thru the whole bunch of them at summit racing.
vht

Post by vht »

At least Skip list what valves and springs he uses, that would be what I"d worry about buying the cheaper heads. Maybe someone will have some dyno # on a build with the AFR heads, I sure can"t find much on them.
shoedoos
Expert
Expert

Post by shoedoos »

maybe look at the Blueprint heads.....as far as I am aware they are AFR under license...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BPE-H8002K-SBC ... ition=3000
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

think they are still using pac springs. not sure on valves or stem size.
rebelyell
Expert
Expert

Post by rebelyell »

rebelyell wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:15 am
cv67 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:29 pm Sure would be nice if someone from AFR piped in to share more information on these.
It would sure aid them Id think?
kindly emailed AFR several days ago re: Enforcer Country of Origin
NO Reply
Still NO reply from AFR.
However, found this link at AFR site which implies (if not states) that with exception of valves, ALL parts & Castings are Made or Sourced in USA

https://www.airflowresearch.com/proudly ... n-the-usa/

Having direct management experience with global Tier 1 & 2 automotive manufacturers-suppliers informs me I can "Source" a part or assembly from a company which has a brick & mortar USA address; but that very same "Source" may be supplied said part or assembly from outside USA. Brilliant caveat, semantics? Management involved with that level vendor-buyer-supplier relationship KNOW exactly where each location is; but the po' azz end user don't know diddly. YMMV
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FC-Pilot »

I might be sticking my foot in my mouth, but from what I understand most valves these days are made elsewhere (not in the US). If what I understand is the case, then the castings may still be local and even the overseas stuff may be of reputable suppliers and of good quality. Heaven only knows about where the guides, spring cups and other things might be supplied from.

Feel free to set me straight if I am off base.

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

cv67 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:09 pm think they are still using pac springs. not sure on valves or stem size.
"They come fully assembled with the identical components found in our higher end CNC ported cylinder heads; such as ARP rockers studs, PAC Racing springs, viton valve seals, AFR adjustable guide plates, machined bead valve locks (not stamped), hardened spring cups and ductile iron seats (not powdered metal) our one piece 8mm 21 4N Stainless Steel valves. They are available in straight or angle plug and bare without any parts for the DIY." https://www.airflowresearch.com/195cc-s ... nder-head/
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
bobmc

Post by bobmc »

I've never been on a big ship at sea, if you put castings on metal shelves in a container do they get a vibration all the time? only in rough weather?
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

bobmc wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:12 pm I've never been on a big ship at sea, if you put castings on metal shelves in a container do they get a vibration all the time? only in rough weather?
they dont tend to vibrate, unless a ship is doing a crashback.
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

depends how many refugees are bouncing back and forth in the hull.