Flowmaster FX bullets, any flow or dyno numbers?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

falcongeorge
Expert
Expert

Flowmaster FX bullets, any flow or dyno numbers?

Post by falcongeorge »

I need 3" bullet style mufflers due to space considerations, but looking for something quieter than Dynomax bullets, has anyone done any dyno or flow bench testing on Flowmaster FX rounds, like the ones at this link? When I search, all I can find is how cool they sound on some guys stock Silverado, not very helpful.
https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust ... arts/71419
travis
Guru
Guru
Re: Flowmaster FX bullets, any flow or dyno numbers?

Post by travis »

These are identical to the Pypes M80’s (and probably several others)...and they are not quiet at all. I ran a pair briefly on the mild 351w that was in my truck...all of maybe 240-250hp...and they may knock a few dB off from straight pipes but not very many. They aren’t as “crackly” as louvered glass packs, but I think the only way they would quiet anything would be with cats in front of them. Just not enough surface area or case volume to muffle very much IMO
falcongeorge
Expert
Expert

Re: Flowmaster FX bullets, any flow or dyno numbers?

Post by falcongeorge »

I'd heard they were a bit quieter than the Dynomax Bullets. 480ish hp cleveland with 11/1 and a 106 LSA, they are probably going to be pretty loud I guess. Not much room under the car, its pretty low, I wanted to use a bullet type muffler because I can sneak the bulge on the top of the case into the trans tunnel. I don't think theres enough room under the car for full size 3" oval case mufflers, or I'd run Magnaflows like I have on my truck.