land and sea-dynomite

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

LCaverly
land and sea-dynomite

Post by LCaverly »

Just took a ride to land and sea to get some seals . Place was all closed up and a for sale sign outside. Really nice of them to close the doors and not notify their loyal customers !!!!!!
Len C
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Re: land and sea-dynomite

Post by midnightbluS10 »

LCaverly wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:58 pm Just took a ride to land and sea to get some seals . Place was all closed up and a for sale sign outside. Really nice of them to close the doors and not notify their loyal customers !!!!!!
Len C
According to Peter Owen, they're working on whatevers needed to stay open
Our financial concerns have been addressed and my hope is to be able to speak openly about the situation later this week. Please know that we have finalized the deal that allows us to return to production. All deposits will be honored and the production completed as quickly as possible. Full technical support will also be returning. Again, more information to follow.

We expect to me fully reopened the week of March 9th.
All it took was a quick email. They replied within 24 hrs.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FC-Pilot »

If they are that would be great. I know there are lots of customers who will like to see them stay around for a long time, myself included. I know not to start counting chickens though as there is still some hatching to do.

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

Sounds like it's almost all but guaranteed that they'll be back soon by the tone of the email. Guess we'll find out on the 9th. Honestly, I was quite surprised by the quick response. I wasn't expecting to get one at all, TBH.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Cutlassefi

Post by Cutlassefi »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:20 pm Sounds like it's almost all but guaranteed that they'll be back soon by the tone of the email. Guess we'll find out on the 9th. Honestly, I was quite surprised by the quick response. I wasn't expecting to get one at all, TBH.
I hope so. But I have to say I actually spoke with Peter about a month ago and he told me about the same thing. I'm really hoping you're right, I just bought a used Pro 2000 and am really looking forward to using the hell out of it.
Engine Builder, Accel, AEM, Comp, Erson, Holley, and Lunati Dealer
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:31 am
LCaverly wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:58 pm Just took a ride to land and sea to get some seals . Place was all closed up and a for sale sign outside. Really nice of them to close the doors and not notify their loyal customers !!!!!!
Len C
Our financial concerns have been addressed and my hope is to be able to speak openly about the situation later this week. Please know that we have finalized the deal that allows us to return to production. All deposits will be honored and the production completed as quickly as possible. Full technical support will also be returning. Again, more information to follow.

You have a land and sea?
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

gmrocket wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:12 pm
Len C

You have a land and sea?

Nope. But I have email, a monitor, a pc, and a keyboard lol. You don't have to own one of their dynos to email them and ask questions. So that's exactly what I did. I left this thread, went to their website, got their contact info, and sent them an email. Same thing anyone else can do.

They replied by noon the next day.

Why would it matter whether I owned one or not?
JC -

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:52 am
gmrocket wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:12 pm

You have a land and sea?

Nope. But I have email, a monitor, a pc, and a keyboard lol. You don't have to own one of their dynos to email them and ask questions. So that's exactly what I did. I left this thread, went to their website, got their contact info, and sent them an email. Same thing anyone else can do.

They replied by noon the next day.

Why would it matter whether I owned one or not?
All I asked is if you had one...I have one , it’s nice to keep in touch with other guys who also have one.

Other than that, I don’t have a PC , a monitor or keyboard.... A Dyno and cell phone ...that’s it.
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

Cutlassefi wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:37 pm
midnightbluS10 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:20 pm Sounds like it's almost all but guaranteed that they'll be back soon by the tone of the email. Guess we'll find out on the 9th. Honestly, I was quite surprised by the quick response. I wasn't expecting to get one at all, TBH.
I hope so. But I have to say I actually spoke with Peter about a month ago and he told me about the same thing. I'm really hoping you're right, I just bought a used Pro 2000 and am really looking forward to using the hell out of it.
Mark, what size airflow turbine do you have?
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

If you have accurate dyno room weather data, fuel lbs/hr and A/F ratio. SCFM can be calculated.

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Cutlassefi

Post by Cutlassefi »

Dale,
I have both 4150 and 4500 style air hats. Almost ready to go, left you a pm.
Thanks!!
Engine Builder, Accel, AEM, Comp, Erson, Holley, and Lunati Dealer