SRP piston question.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

gn69z28
Pro
Pro
Re: SRP piston question.

Post by gn69z28 »

I don't have the heads and don't know what heads customer has. Customer is now on tug boat and is our if touch for two weeks. He's isn't stuck on SRP or Wiesco pistons. That was just something he was looking at online. That's why I asked. Trying to make customer happy. But I personally think the L2399AF is the way to go since it's close to what he already has.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: SRP piston question.

Post by ProPower engines »

Is this for a boat/marine engine or a street application??

The cyl. head is an issue with most BBC builds because if cast the chamber volumes vary so much regardless of the advertised or nominal manufactures suggested actual chamber volumes really are. CNC chambers are much better that way.
The cast chambers all seem larger then they claim them to be but there is not many options for small domed pistons off the shelf.
Get a head casting number or brand part number and go from there. Till you know what head is going to be used and what total deck height you will end up with its all just a guess and a waste of your time till ya get all the details unless customer is giving you the leaway to just go ahead and has trust in your final combo based on what he has asked for.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors