General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

tuffxf
Pro
Pro

Re: Question for Camking

Post by tuffxf »

Gday
A few months ago I had a phone conversation with the manager of the base oils division of arg, Cant remember the exact time frame now but he stated that they hadn’t sold base oils to da lubricants for a considerable amount of time( have details but not at home at the moment) from memory it was 18 months to 2 years.
Maybe they are getting the base oil product from somewhere else in pa but according to old mate at arg they are definently not getting the base oil from them.
I was trying to get a straight answer as well.
Plenty of products change and the end user is usually the last to find out.
Cheers
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

Probably the best way for "anybody" to determine in their own mind if current Penn Grade Hi-Perf. oil is as good as they believe it needs to be would be to use the following as a judge. You have a newly built engine with proven parts, documented/known clearances all of which you have done before. You follow "proper" new engine assembly, prime the oiling system before putting fire in the holes and use good common sense moving forward each time the engine is started cold. Then down the road in time when the engine is disassembled if one says to self, dang these bearings and other areas that show wear look new or real close to it, i think it is fair to say/think this oil has to be a great oil. Mark H. BTW this would work for "any" oil in question.
3V Performance
Vendor

Post by 3V Performance »

MELWAY wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:11 pm
swampbuggy wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:27 pm Weather Brad Penn base crude has changed or not, i am sure there are a "lot" of people who would like to know for sure. I was told several years ago that Brad Penn......(this name was derived from the words Bradford Pennsylvania) was and or is made from the same vein of crude that the OLD Kendall oil many people believed in and used decades ago. Somebody knows the whole truth on this matter. :?: Mark H.
I have seen a document that confirms their base oil is not coming from the original oil refinery in Pennsylvania and have also read the the original additive package from lubrizol is discontinued
Maybe there are other oil wells in Pennsylvania and better additive packages
I was involved with the early development with that oil and Lubrizol. They tested oil additive packages at my shop on my dyno.. I got to visit and tour Lubrizol. Amazing place....
3V Performance
" ENGINES WITH AN ATTITUDE "
980-222-7230
ClassAct
Guru
Guru

Post by ClassAct »

3V Performance wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:03 am
MELWAY wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:11 pm
swampbuggy wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:27 pm Weather Brad Penn base crude has changed or not, i am sure there are a "lot" of people who would like to know for sure. I was told several years ago that Brad Penn......(this name was derived from the words Bradford Pennsylvania) was and or is made from the same vein of crude that the OLD Kendall oil many people believed in and used decades ago. Somebody knows the whole truth on this matter. :?: Mark H.
I have seen a document that confirms their base oil is not coming from the original oil refinery in Pennsylvania and have also read the the original additive package from lubrizol is discontinued
Maybe there are other oil wells in Pennsylvania and better additive packages
I was involved with the early development with that oil and Lubrizol. They tested oil additive packages at my shop on my dyno.. I got to visit and tour Lubrizol. Amazing place....

That would have been absolutely amazing to tour lubrizol.