Isky 295-D Tool Room Springs Without Inner Damper

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

frnkeore
Expert
Expert

Re: Isky 295-D Tool Room Springs Without Inner Damper

Post by frnkeore »

You didn't give the coil bind, for the 205-D's but, they sound like the spring to use, at least to me, especially with your light weight valves. Personally, I think the 205-D and your valves, would be good to 6K+.

If you have already bought the 295-D's, I wouldn't be afraid to run them in a your application. For me it would be more of a cost/effect thing.

Also, CamKing, recommends solid lifters be broken in at less than 300 lb.

BTW, it sounds like your four years younger than me. I graduated HS in '62.
canuc

Post by canuc »

I am familiar with the 205d, 235d and 6005 springs . If Isky gave you the rec to use the 6005 for your cam and use then get the springs seats cut and you will be good to go . The 6005 is an excellent street mild race f/t spring . I don't know anything about hopping up 6 cyl . sounds like a cool project . I have run the 205d in sbc with street solid f/t cams 7k+ and figured at <5500 you'd probably be ok if you wanted a drop in spring , the 6005 would be close to same open and closed pressure as a 205d but likely have better control and durability being a dual .

Rick
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Thanks, frnkeore and Rick! Appreciate your input. I will look at all of these springs again before making a decision. It would be nice to use a drop in spring, but the spring seats on the iron inline 6 heads can be widened a bit if needed. Just need to be careful, as common porting practice is to fill floor and raise roof, so must take care not to cut spring seats too deep nor leave port rooves overly thin after cutting out the head bolt bosses that pass through the center of the 3 sets of siamesed intake ports.

Yes, I graduated high school class of '66. Just a kid. :D

Best regards,

Harry
canuc

Post by canuc »

Harry nice to hear you still feel like a kid as you have 10 yrs on me as I graded 76 . Still feel like a kid on occasion but reality usually returns fairly quickly :?
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Well, I must admit that more often than not...... My 25 year old brain tells me to do something and my 72 year old body says, 'Are you nuts? Sit the heck back down!' :shock:

Best regards,

Harry