New lifters on the way !!

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

GuysMonteSS
HotPass
HotPass

Re: New lifters on the way !!

Post by GuysMonteSS »

Well I know that its been a while for this thread,but I just finished putting the new Isky Helix lifters in my 513 big block Chevy.
I am hoping for many years of trouble free service from them.
Guy
'86 Monte SS,513 BBC,AFR heads,Bullet solid roller cam,Doug Nash 4+1 5 speed,Hurst Inline Shifter,Ford 9 inch Rearend.
AA Performance
Guru
Guru

Post by AA Performance »

GuysMonteSS wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:08 pm Well I know that its been a while for this thread,but I just finished putting the new Isky Helix lifters in my 513 big block Chevy.
Guy
Guy, were your original Isky lifters the EZE Max series with the orange colour axle? I am running Isky 904 in my BBC street with 720 open pressure and my T&D rockers started to fail the roller and shaft assembly after only 2,500 miles. Not real happy with the life I got out of the T&D. They told me it was the oil I was using that caused the early failure. Have rebuilt the engine with a bullet cam with softer lobes and now have around 620lbs open. hopefully will increase the milage a considerable amount. The helix come out after I bought my EZE max. Damm!! always happens.
GuysMonteSS
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GuysMonteSS »

AA Performance wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:22 am
GuysMonteSS wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:08 pm Well I know that its been a while for this thread,but I just finished putting the new Isky Helix lifters in my 513 big block Chevy.
Guy
Guy, were your original Isky lifters the EZE Max series with the orange colour axle? I am running Isky 904 in my BBC street with 720 open pressure and my T&D rockers started to fail the roller and shaft assembly after only 2,500 miles. Not real happy with the life I got out of the T&D. They told me it was the oil I was using that caused the early failure. Have rebuilt the engine with a bullet cam with softer lobes and now have around 620lbs open. hopefully will increase the milage a considerable amount. The helix come out after I bought my EZE max. Damm!! always happens.
No,I had the EZX bushed series,which are now discontinued.
I dont recall the axle being any colour.
I have a set of Jesel Sportsman shaft rockers that have been in service for several years and have lots of miles on them and they still look like new.
The only thing I dont like about them is the funky stand link,but once they are in place it's all good !!
My springs are 685 open.
Guy
'86 Monte SS,513 BBC,AFR heads,Bullet solid roller cam,Doug Nash 4+1 5 speed,Hurst Inline Shifter,Ford 9 inch Rearend.