Bigger intake smaller exhaust valves

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Little Mouse
Expert
Expert
Re: Bigger intake smaller exhaust valves

Post by Little Mouse »

After I sell a 55 chevy pickup and a 68 eldorado. I plan on buying and lightening a 75 to 77 vette. As in it wont even have a heater or radio and run my compromise favorite street gearing 4.56. I'll just drive say 50 to 55 down the freeway and with my gray hair turn a blinker on and leave it on. So I can get that your number 1 finger. Even with the 302 that will get me enough gear to make it fun to drive in town. Then I'll take it to the drags and run some 15.0s to impress people. Lol
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

As of right now now I went around a corner to fast on my new triumph and 14 lbs of mufflers fell off on the ground a 2 lb center stand fell off the rear passenger pegs and the tubing that supported them. the 5 1/2 lb cat converter and the 9.5 lb battery all this shit fell off. I was able to push it home and go get a 2 lb lithum battery so I can still ride it. This thing still has 2 months of the two year warranty left. I'm taking it back to the triumph dealer and make a serious complaint about the Taiwanese that assembled this son of a bitch.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

As of right now I went around a corner to fast on my new triumph and 14 lbs of mufflers fell off on the ground a 2 lb center stand fell off the rear passenger pegs and the tubing that supported them. the 5 1/2 lb cat converter and the 9.5 lb battery all this shit fell off. I was able to push it home and go get a 2 lb lithum battery so I can still ride it. This thing still has 2 months of the two year warranty left. I'm taking it back to the triumph dealer and make a serious complaint about the Taiwanese that assembled this son of a bitch.
Geoff2
Guru
Guru

Post by Geoff2 »

If it is the Triumph parallel twin, sounds like the vibration problem has loosened the mounting bolts. Give them time, only been happening since 1938...
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

All kidding aside this 270 degree firing it uses it's as smooth as the four cylinder bikes and the one 6 cylinder I had, that's the most shocking thing to me after I bought it. In the last say 40 years of buying things this is most happy thing I have ever bought. In 1982 I bought a new kawasaki twin 750 it had that same 360 firing as all the old british twins along with a counter balancer. When you got to 4000 rpm and higher it became as big a paint shaker as I ever rode far worse then any of the solid engine mounted harleys.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Being as I started this thread and this really has zero to do with engine tech I'd like to mention something one time only. New york city has a population of 8.6 million as of wednesday they were moving in on 1400 deaths caused by covoid 19. In 1918 WW1 ended 17 million had been killed. That same year the spanish influenza began, its estimated world wide ot killed 50 million world wide in a little over two years. In one years time in the United states it dropped the life expectancy rate by 12 years. They put people with the flu in empty warehouses, not enough hospitals. Long before that the bubonic plague the black death lasted for centuries before it went away and killed 25 million. On one continent it killed one out of every three people. This may sound a bit cold hearted. But america get a grip on reality. This is the most overblown nonsense I have ever witnessed. Unless your way up there in age past 85 even on the tiny chance someone gets it there has been 97 percent with it that got well from it.
Geoff2
Guru
Guru

Post by Geoff2 »

I live in Australia & thought the population of NYC was about 12 million? You say 8.6m?
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

8.6 million is the cities population. LA california its city limits are 4 million but LA county is big has 88 cities within it. Total over 10 million in it. Then theres 7 more counties surrounding it for a total over 17 million. All 8 counties combined make up more population then 41 if are other states. The so-cal area makes up 60 percent of californias over 40 million total population. But ya New York city is the biggest population city within its city limits. London is 8.7 million. Mexico city by far most populated in the world as of 2020. 21,780,000. Country of mexico now has 1500 cases and 50 deaths. I'd bet there all running around with there heads chopped off in
fear ( sarcasm ) . Majority of americans today seem more to me like a bunch of cry babies and wimps.
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

Back to your scream'in dream LOL, with a 4.030 bore---0" deck hgt.---49cc Dart down to 45 cc's...7cc's for head gasket...5cc's (maybe not enough) for valve notches, you would be right at 11 to 1 with a flat top ??? Mark H. 627.08 div. by 57=11.001 . :)
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Ya I can make it work with a flat top. But would rather be able to use say a profiler head would not even cost me more money. I'm not far into parts yet. A bbc with a short stroke would be fun.
canuc

Post by canuc »

You know you don't want no pig block .
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

I dont know if you could get rid of the heavy ass rotating parts in them. Let's see I need a high dollar lighter crank, aluminum rods
Ya you could fool around and make a real engine out of the pig blocks. Lol
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

If you have enough money you can build some non-typical cool combinations. That would start out with a Billet aluminum block built to exactly what you wanted, and go from there. :) Mark H.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Ya there was a time I could that. Now I'd have to win a lotto. I'll just get a 4.6 bore dart regular fatty iron block put in a 3.25 stroke, 348 crank and have the new and improved ( bigger bore ) lee shepard 81 pro stock engine. This way I can destroy the dana 44 IRS third member in a vette quicker. I did notice world now makes a big bore BBC iron block with 9.5 deck height. Now if I were just my rich cousin ron with the private jet, multiple homes, 7,000 acre ranch around 50 classic cars. He's 4 years younger then me and I cant get him to adopt me.
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

Dart has had a 9.600" deck Iron Big Block for a few years. Mark H.