Has racing been completely shut down?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Arthur

Re: Has racing been completely shut down?

Post by Arthur »

Trump is merely running interference- beguiling the sheeple
The Earth has been jolted to a stop
Race has been run
No miracles are to be expected
Fortitude is the only choice
God Bless-
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

606,400 people died in the USA in 2019 from cancer. Well we have no real cure for cancer so let's shut most of the country down till we come up with a sure fire cure for it ( sarcasm ). In singapore they have over 4500 cases of which 10 people have died. In germany 3 out of every 100 people infected have died. In USA we now have a 5 percent death rate from it, and the majority of those 5 percent are 60s and older. We have a country and a lot of the worlds economy shut down over this laughable bull shit.
superpursuit
Pro
Pro

Post by superpursuit »

Just to share figures : in Australia there is around 6500 people infected and 72 people have died from it. Most people that died were 65 & over. This is with a population of 25 million.

Allan.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Just read that employees are complaining that customers not social distancing and to protect them they want the grocery stores to no longer let customers in only curb side service and delivery. Of course the employee food unions pushing it. Never thought I would see the day when employees were more important then there customers. I always thought a business without customers is quick dead meat on a stick and gone. They have just went totally nut case with this.
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Read that at taco bell a few days ago there employees were complaining to management about there taco tuesday and free give away of a taco. Saying that the extra business caused more chance of them getting coviod 19. They need to kick them to the curb and let them starve to death with no job.
bob460
Expert
Expert

Post by bob460 »

The world economy is now going to be F**KED for the next 2-5 years no matter which way you look at it.

A better option would have been to lock down all people over 60 years old, and let the younger people keep the economy ticking over without being smashed.
bob460
Expert
Expert

Post by bob460 »

superpursuit wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:15 pm Just to share figures : in Australia there is around 6500 people infected and 72 people have died from it. Most people that died were 65 & over. This is with a population of 25 million.

Allan.
20 of the 72 that died were from the same cruise ship!!

And there still going to have lock downs for next 3 weeks, the police are starting to fine people $1652 if you break the lock down laws [-X
econo racer
Expert
Expert

Post by econo racer »

Things are going to turn around. There trying to be safe Maybe 35% capacity to start then gradually increase everything. Lets just be happy for the track owners and try to all get along like a family./most bracket racers are great people and thats while I still like the sport. Bee Happy for what you get =D>
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

What we do know is that the numbers given are being highly inflated due to incompetent data and this failure will never tell us what we need to know about who if any actually died from the c.

Here is one of the scientist actually doing testing and so far he is seeing the numbers closer to the yearly flu based on early numbers. BTW yearly flu numbers are down due to being call c19 deaths.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

The death figures being reported daily are hospital cases where a person dies with the coronavirus infection in their body - because it is a notifiable disease cases have to be reported.

But what the figures do not tell us is to what extent the virus is causing the death.

It could be the major cause, a contributory factor or simply present when they are dying of something else. https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51979654

Here is a long read if you want to see what countries have said they are counting all deaths as c19. Links to sources in article.
Essentially, Italy’s death registration process does not differentiate between those who simply have the virus in their body, and those who are actually killed by it. https://off-guardian.org/2020/04/05/cov ... -estimate/
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FC-Pilot »

Being that the Phoenix metropolitan area has been much less effected than other areas of the country, our local drag strip is planning on opening up may 22. I would venture to say spectators would still keep distance from each other as we have now been accustomed to recently. My wife’s work is even talking about getting back to “work as usual” on may 15. I am hoping for the best for all.

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Americans have 830 trillion in credit card debt to pay.
Tuner
Guru
Guru

Post by Tuner »

Jefferson, S.D., where Saturday night saw a field of 64 sprint cars and dirt modifieds, including NASCAR veterans Ken Schrader and Kenny Wallace, run the first competitive oval-track race in the United States since March. Jeff Gluck’s Tweet last night summed up just how significant the former horse track in a field on the prairie was in the grand scheme of racing.

Bury NASCAR’s Heart at Park Jefferson? Successful Return to Racing Could Force Their Hand
https://www.frontstretch.com/2020/04/27 ... acing-now/

And just as Brock Zearfoss’s win took on an unusual significance on Saturday night, so did the broadcast of the features run at Park Jefferson. That a track in the middle of nowhere, South Dakota drew entries from literally Pennsylvania to Oregon (one entrant hauled his car 28 hours to compete) to run for a few grand speaks to the appetite among race teams to get back on the track. Having both classes of cars full of entries and a well-prepared surface made the show worth watching. I sincerely hope that said good show means that Speed Shift TV’s pay-per-view broadcast proved viable on a balance sheet because if it did, they’ve certainly shown a viable means to broadcast short-track races. Despite working with a crew of only three per the commentary booth, Speed Shift’s coverage missed absolutely nothing on-track over the course of eight heats, two B-mains and two features.
steveslowboy

Post by steveslowboy »

Going back to the original question, here in the UK, all the hillclimb permits are on hold, with all upcoming events being cancelled. I haven't yet seen any July events cancelled but I'm not holding my breath. Most of the officials, mashals and other critical volunteers in my sport are all in the older age bracket and therefore likely to be locked up at home for a while.

Me personally, I've just finished 18 weeks of chemotherapy so had pretty much written off this season; recent scans show It's all gone (for now) and the planned 6 week hospital stay for a stem-cell transplant has thankfully been cancelled. Very happy with that, as hospitals are not the places to be now!

During the last 6 weeks or so, the only time I've left the house was for hospital appointments - the place was a ghost-town, with many patients sent home and regular treatments cancelled. I guess the thinking was with best intentions; clear out the capacity in readiness for a sh*t-storm of infections but luckily it's not happened here.

I'm keeping my head down, but as I'm now working to getting back to full-health, I'd love to get some events in later in the year....but.... who knows?

The car is in a few bits, and as I've been furloughed (basically governemnt-funded temporary redundancy) until the end of June, I've now got time (and the energy again) to do some prep and look at a future engine-change.

My garage on the otherhand has had a damn good tidy up, nice white paint on the walls & ceiling, surplus car hi-fi fitted for more sounds, new LED lights and more shelves/brackets fitted for hanging things/tools.

So not entirely wasted time!
Stay safe everyone,
Steve
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:43 am
jmarkaudio wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:57 pm Tracks here are only open for private testing. I want to go back to work. I'll take my chances with the China Flu, and may have already had it at the beginning of the year. Flu symptoms, test negative. Wife was around me and never got it. The economy is going to take a bit to recover, and we MUST start producing necessities in this country again. Medicines and food a priority. Manufacturing next.
Just because you've been sick doesn't mean you already had it. And people are dying because of attitudes like all of yours. I'd rather be alive and poor than dead. So I'll take "shelter in place" with a smile. Thanks.
I suggest it’s better you stay home....if your that terrified .

The longer you stay isolated, the weaker your immune system will be...unless you have some other serious health issues , your not gonna DIE.