AFR Enforcer SBC heads

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

MadBill
Guru
Guru

Re: AFR Enforcer SBC heads

Post by MadBill »

I have very little Ford experience, but there's no way roller lifters can be r & r'd with the heads on an 8.2" block.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
Ericnova
Pro
Pro

Post by Ericnova »

AFAIK, roller lifters in the 8.2" deck SBF's won't come out with the heads on. Maybe factory dogbone hydro rollers will, I don't know, but link bar rollers definitely won't.
Flat tappets will.
marvingvx

Post by marvingvx »

EYE CANDY the only purpose I see for them is to impress people at car shows. To show off the AFR bling when the owner opens the hood and tells yea she's got over 600 HP 👍. It will port up nicely but you got capabilities there are a lot nicer castings out there for a more economical price
dynoflo

Post by dynoflo »

the motor is done. getting picked up tonight. heads went on good. no problems with alignment or threads i was a little surprised with .012 off of deck and .030 off heads that intake fit well. fellow wants me to go with him to chassis dyno when he gets it in car running. should be interesting after running my old go power dyno . emailed guy with chassis dyno and told him what heads , injectors and cam. he said it should be fine. he did ask if it had adjustable fuel pressure regulator which it does. time will tell.
jeff swisher
Guru
Guru

Post by jeff swisher »

dynoflo wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:37 pm the motor is done. getting picked up tonight. heads went on good. no problems with alignment or threads i was a little surprised with .012 off of deck and .030 off heads that intake fit well. fellow wants me to go with him to chassis dyno when he gets it in car running. should be interesting after running my old go power dyno . emailed guy with chassis dyno and told him what heads , injectors and cam. he said it should be fine. he did ask if it had adjustable fuel pressure regulator which it does. time will tell.

Well it has been a year so how is this build doing today?
dynoflo

Post by dynoflo »

wife died sept 2 causing loss of pass words and many other things. The 5.0 after about 5 pulls and a new chip to cure AFR dips made 325 hp and 355 tq I drove the car after dyno on the way home and it ran very well. Its only a street motor with mild cam and 24 lb injectors. I think the heads are fine but decks are thin.
jeff swisher
Guru
Guru

Post by jeff swisher »

My Prayers go out to you and ones that loved her.

That is darn good power for a little 5.0 sounds like it is working good.
Thanks for the update.
Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

dynoflo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:43 pm wife died sept 2 causing loss of pass words and many other things. The 5.0 after about 5 pulls and a new chip to cure AFR dips made 325 hp and 355 tq I drove the car after dyno on the way home and it ran very well. Its only a street motor with mild cam and 24 lb injectors. I think the heads are fine but decks are thin.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you as well. Terribly sorry for your loss.
High quality metal, body and paint work
http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?t ... inia.9030/