427 bbc rotating weight

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Little Mouse
Expert
Expert
Re: 427 bbc rotating weight

Post by Little Mouse »

I can meet any rpm goal i want with standard stuff of i wanted to no doubt. Im interested in profilers 290 head.
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

That is NOT what FC pilot asked.
You are acting like a troll. Bob and weave on your ideas and goals. Wasted bandwidth.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

Dont need your help you dont run this forum buzz off. No doubt i get far enough to need a cam jones is who im going to get to do it, no chance i could come up with a cam on my own like he would know what i need. I meant that i built two big blocks for myself with standard big block parts. Why the hell would i build a comp engine for a mostly all street vette. Im not going down the road of aftermarket SBC blocks to make something reliable when just building a BBC out of a factory block end up cheaper no matter what i do. Using factory bbc rotating stuff of modding it to be lighter. I had a 4 bolt factory 454 block and two new forged just factory 427 cranks i would use but i sold them to a friend around 7 years ago.
Last edited by Little Mouse on Sun May 10, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Little Mouse wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:47 pm Why the hell would i build a comp engine for a mostly all street vette.
Exactly.
Hey, you were the one throwing out all kinds of stuff about lightweight this and that which had zero to do with the job at hand.
Seriously man, if you have questions on an engine build ask them. Just don't start going off on tangents.
When you don't hear what you want about light weight stuff in a engine that you had not yet defined don't get upset.
It is a street engine as you now define it. You will have more power than you need without the exotic stuff. It is a street engine.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Little Mouse
Expert
Expert

Post by Little Mouse »

All i asked was how heavy bbc stuff is in comparison to sbc chevy stuff and i got plenty of answers and thanked at least one person what are you jealous but i guess you had to brag on yourself of how you build comp engines or whatever. I would assume a comp engine would just use aluminum rods not any steel sbc stuff and need the aluminum rods. I have a brand new SFI 36 pound steel flywheel to use for a SBC just a street car. But no ill buy a 22 lb steel one for the BBC either one could do the job. For some reason bbc guys are all about the harley mentality just build it bigger dont do anything to make it better for its size.