Rocker arm ???

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

BigBro74
Expert
Expert

Re: Rocker arm ???

Post by BigBro74 »

I would be tempted to use comp magnum rockers and ask for forgiveness if they ever inspected you- around here they inspect very little and look the other way a lot to keep car counts up. A magnum pivot ball rocker would be better but in”the spirit” of the rules😁 - if they inspect a lot under the valve cover than forget my suggestion ....
Racing68
Pro
Pro

Post by Racing68 »

I'm using the Elgin black ice long slot rockers at .540 lift and 7400rpm with good results in my circle track builds. I replace them every 40-50 nights and rarely see a failure.
dynoflo

Post by dynoflo »

one sentence on cylinder heads leaves a lot of leeway. i have probably built 50 of this type 305 and 350. the heads are the power makers. never had valvetrain problems but only turned 6300 due to rules. with a 2101 and 4412 400 hp 400 tq is not a problem. didnt run more than .550 lift.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

88bluestar wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:03 pm Walter, are you saying it makes better sense not use the roller tip type? I would likely be hitting the 7,000 pill at the end of the straight depending on gearing. .585 lift on the intake is likely what I'll be at.
Personally, I would use a nitrided, regular NON-roller tip rocker arm.

Geometry with a NON-roller tip rocker is different and probably more important than when having a roller tip.

The pattern on the valve tip should be very wide, starting on the inside and rolling across the valve tip toward the outside at maximum valve lift, to avoid as much tip scrubbing as possible.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.