Wireless / wifi borescope options

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Cubic_Cleveland
Guru
Guru

Wireless / wifi borescope options

Post by Cubic_Cleveland »

My traditional style bore scope has crapped itself, looking around there are heaps of options for wifi ones that you connect to your phone. They seem quite cheap, anyone have experience with these? Specifically iPhone compatible ones.

Thanks, Mick.
jed
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Wireless / wifi borescope options

Post by jed »

I have not purchased one my self but have used other people's bore scopes that have. My phone was never capable of supporting a bore scope. if I rember right, it's been 6/8 years ago, the cord was 4/6 feet long, the end that held the camera and light was
about 3/16 in diameter and less than a 1/2 long. The picture was clear, plenty of light. I thought it was quite functionable.
I don't know what kind it was cost less than $50.
1Azgerman

Post by 1Azgerman »

Jed,

I picked one up off of eBay for around 25 dollars my IPhone
picks up the signal real well picture is very clear. Cord on it is about 6’ in length.

Steve
68maliblue

Post by 68maliblue »

I bought one off Amazon 2 years ago for about $35. Works well and has been used many times for personal as well as professional use. Pictures are good and easy to use.
shoedoos
Expert
Expert

Post by shoedoos »

Mick, if you're thinking of buying one from Super Cheap......I had no luck with it.....the signal dropped out all the time. Tried it with various phones etc....gave up in the end. Super Cheap has no tech support for it, and after searching to find the manufacturer, their tech was a waste as well....
Cubic_Cleveland
Guru
Guru

shoedoos wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:40 pm Mick, if you're thinking of buying one from Super Cheap......I had no luck with it.....the signal dropped out all the time. Tried it with various phones etc....gave up in the end. Super Cheap has no tech support for it, and after searching to find the manufacturer, their tech was a waste as well....
Thanks mate, I’ll avoid those ones!
Cubic_Cleveland
Guru
Guru

68maliblue wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:56 pm I bought one off Amazon 2 years ago for about $35. Works well and has been used many times for personal as well as professional use. Pictures are good and easy to use.
Thanks for the reply.
Do you know the brand/model? Does it come with accessories and do they work sufficiently?
Nut124
Pro
Pro

Post by Nut124 »

I have purchased several eBay digital bore scopes for use with gun barrels.

The wifi model I bought looked promising but the wifi was so flaky, slow, the view was not "live". I switched back to using a USB model with a $80 refurbished android tablet. These were cheap, $75 and under units.

I used the USB unit to do my intake to head port matching on my Fiat twincam 1800 project. Very helpful.
Alaskaracer
Expert
Expert

Post by Alaskaracer »

I know this one isn't wireless, and is a bit more expensive, but I have it and it works very well. Just an option to consider:

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Shop-%2 ... ope/BK3000
Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream rear engine dragster
Speed kills but it's better than going slow!
http://www.livinthedreamracing.com
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
Cubic_Cleveland
Guru
Guru

Coloradoracer wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:05 am I know this one isn't wireless, and is a bit more expensive, but I have it and it works very well. Just an option to consider:

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Shop-%2 ... ope/BK3000
Thanks Mark, but that one retails for A$620. My last snap-on one has just failed the cable supposedly and it’s A$400 or so to repair. While it was decent, it only lasted about 2-3 years, and I expected far better for the money...
Alaskaracer
Expert
Expert

Post by Alaskaracer »

Damn, that sucks....and I agree, it should have lasted much longer....I've had mine for 4 years now and it's working perfectly...but I get the cost...
Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream rear engine dragster
Speed kills but it's better than going slow!
http://www.livinthedreamracing.com
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
68maliblue

Post by 68maliblue »

The one I bought on amazon is

DEPSTECH Wireless Endoscope, IP67 Waterproof WiFi Borescope Inspection 2.0 Megapixels HD Snake Camera for Android and iOS Smartphone, iPhone, Samsung, Tablet -Black(11.5FT)

Costs $37.99 now. Bought it in 2017 - still working even though the shroud that covers the led's got smashed a couple times
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

I've had a USB Giraffe cam for like 6 years and it's still going strong. Full 1080p HD. Works great to this day. The cable is actually pretty stiff, not the floppy cable you find on most. It's bendable into any shape and will hold that shape, etc...

https://www.amazon.com/GiraffeCam-Flexi ... B01BI86AEM

They may even offer wifi versions now. I'm not sure. I like the one I have.

68maliblue wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:19 pm The one I bought on amazon is

DEPSTECH Wireless Endoscope, IP67 Waterproof WiFi Borescope Inspection 2.0 Megapixels HD Snake Camera for Android and iOS Smartphone, iPhone, Samsung, Tablet -Black(11.5FT)

Costs $37.99 now. Bought it in 2017 - still working even though the shroud that covers the led's got smashed a couple times

Does that one have the floppy cable that won't hold the camera more than 3 inches out without falling? I can feed like 6 ffet of cable out and it goes straight out like a tape measure and doesn't just fall like a piece of string would if you tried to feed it out like a tape measure. Makes them much more usable.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING