ATI Super Damper puller compatibility

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
ATI Super Damper puller compatibility

Post by GRTfast »

I have an ATI super damper on my mark iv big block. I need to take it off to put my new cam in, and I can't seem to find the puller I had. I see the ATI puller is close to $200 bucks. Does anyone know if this Proform puller will work on my ATI damper?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro- ... gJAYfD_BwE
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
af2
Guru
Guru

Re: ATI Super Damper puller compatibility

Post by af2 »

GRTfast wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:26 am I have an ATI super damper on my mark iv big block. I need to take it off to put my new cam in, and I can't seem to find the puller I had. I see the ATI puller is close to $200 bucks. Does anyone know if this Proform puller will work on my ATI damper?

That is a good one!
GURU is only a name.
Adam
GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast »

af2 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:27 pm
GRTfast wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:26 am I have an ATI super damper on my mark iv big block. I need to take it off to put my new cam in, and I can't seem to find the puller I had. I see the ATI puller is close to $200 bucks. Does anyone know if this Proform puller will work on my ATI damper?

That is a good one!
Good to hear. I actually just found mine, and it is this one. Lol.

Working on it now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Now you did it!! LOL

From a nostalgia racer...... What car are you building?
GURU is only a name.
Adam
GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast »

af2 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:42 pm Now you did it!! LOL

From a nostalgia racer...... What car are you building?
It’s my scratch built rod. Something crazy I dreamed up, been on the road since 2015.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charliesauto
Pro
Pro

Post by Charliesauto »

Anything from Proform is JUNK!

That puller is a copy of the one Precision Performance Products made in California. I know of a few people who bought the Chinese copy and broke it the first time they used it. I have pulled THOUSANDS of dampers with the PPP puller with no issues.

Unfortunately the Chinese copies have nearly forced PPP out of the market and it's hard to get components from them. I had to go through a mutual friend to get some LS adapters to add to mine.

I really don't care if penny pinching wanna be engine guys buy this Chinese shit and break it the first time they use it. What pisses me off is now people like myself and other professional engine builders are finding it difficult to buy quality tools because the masses want the cheapest shit they can get and forcing manufacturers of quality tools out of business.