The funk...

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Re: The funk...

Post by midnightbluS10 »

BOOT wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:38 am Anytime one of my cars sits 2 weeks or I think it's gonna sit that or longer, it gets fuel treatment to stabilize the fuel. Even my newish truck!
I've personally seen Stabil destroy the fuel system in a Chrysler 300C Hemi when I was at the local vocational college about 10 yrs ago. The entire fuel system had to be scrapped because of it. In fact, they had to scrap the car because it wasn't financially feasible to replace it all because it was given to the school by Chrysler. It had only been a year since they put it in and the entire system was junk.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
allencr267
Pro
Pro

Post by allencr267 »

ProPower engines wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:15 am I believe that if the average person that had a vehicle that was normally parked for long periods that used the modern non vented system just filled the tank and left it for a year they would have no fuel issues even the current alcohol blended fuels which is every where today
Yeah, exactly.
Opened one up twice to siphon out some fuel, turned the pump & tank to garbage in 8 months.
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:02 pmI've personally seen Stabil destroy the fuel system in a Chrysler 300C Hemi when I was at the local vocational college about 10 yrs ago. The entire fuel system had to be scrapped because of it. In fact, they had to scrap the car because it wasn't financially feasible to replace it all because it was given to the school by Chrysler. It had only been a year since they put it in and the entire system was junk.

Well I've used stabil but mostly sefoam for years, just had a car sit for almost 3yrs with seafoam and it was fine. I know w/o it I'd of been pumping the gas out.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!