BBC crank trigger msd distributor

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

gnicholson
Pro
Pro

BBC crank trigger msd distributor

Post by gnicholson »

I've built a new 532 for my race car and after test fitting the distributor I need to machine the flange off and get a slip collar to get the gear mesh and oil galleys to line up right. My question is I have plenty of room for a taller distributor and I've always hated how the spring clamps get hung up and fact you can't access the distributor hold down easily so I would like a taller distributor. Thinking about using a tall deck distributor if the housing is machined low enough for the slip collar to go down that far. Has anyone tried this or any other ideas?
Alaskaracer
Expert
Expert

Re: BBC crank trigger msd distributor

Post by Alaskaracer »

What distributor are you using? MSD makes tall deck distributors, but I don't think they raise the cap side up any, they just make it longer and position the clamp collar appropriately...I used the super tall deck crab cap one because on my stuff the tall deck version wasn't enough...the super tall deck version worked perfectly...and the collar was adjustable...
Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream rear engine dragster
Speed kills but it's better than going slow!
http://www.livinthedreamracing.com
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
gnicholson
Pro
Pro

Re: BBC crank trigger msd distributor

Post by gnicholson »

They have a slip collar. Thought maybe I could just slide it down to work with a std deck as long as the shaft housing is machined the same diameter