Old trick flow heads

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

donsboy
Old trick flow heads

Post by donsboy »

I found a set of cast iron trick flow heads from the early 90s. They were never put in service. They are bare castings. I believe they are set up for 1.94/1.6 valves with 8 mm stems. Should i use them on a street 392W or sell them and look for aluminum heads. I'm trying to build a hi10/ low 11 sec street car probably a fox chassis ford. Thanks gor any advice you pros can offer.
Ericnova
Pro
Pro

Re: Old trick flow heads

Post by Ericnova »

They were a good casting, but in out-of-the-box form they aren't going to get you to your goal.....a good amount of porting and bigger intake valves could get you there....but porting cast iron costs $$$ if you can't do it yourself.
Everyone I knew using them in the early 1990's they were heavily reworked. Trick flow "Track Heat" was the name IIRC.

You would probably be better off selling them to a local Ford dirt track racer who is living with class rules that say "iron heads only, no Cleveland or "N" heads allowed" rules
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Re: Old trick flow heads

Post by mag2555 »

Sell those a pick up a set of Brodix T1-STD heads.
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!