Dom Lagana accident

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

engineguyBill
Guru
Guru

Dom Lagana accident

Post by engineguyBill »

Dom Lagana was seriously injured; Richie Crampton and Jacob Sanders were less-seriously injured in an automobile accident late Sunday night in Brownsburg. Lagana was driving the iconic "57 Chevy wagon "Shitbox of Doom" when the car went out of control and hit a utility pole.

Please send prayers.
Bill

Perfect Circle Doctor of Motors certification
SAE Member (30 years)
ASE Master Certified Engine Machinist (+ two otherASE Master Certifications)
AERA Certified Professional Engine Machinist
tenxal
Expert
Expert
Re: Dom Lagana accident

Post by tenxal »

The Lagana family is a class act. Prayers sent up for Dom, Richie Crampton and Jacob Sanders.

For those that have been living in a cave, The 'Shitbox Of Doom' was done by Johnny Lindburg, Crampton and a bunch of drag race pals for Drag Week. Incredibly cool project!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=57 ... &FORM=VIRE

autogear
Vendor

Post by autogear »

I saw in a couple articles, that Dom and possibly others weren't wearing seatbelts. Prayers for everyone involved, and their families.
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

Dom is a really nice guy, hope he makes it through ok. I had the pleasure of talking to him down at MIR one time. He had his fuel dragster there. He was prepping a set of cylinder heads in the pits and I was watching him. I started asking him questions and we had a very informative conversation (at least on my end) about top fuel cylinder heads and their fuel system. I didn't know he was Dom Lagana at the time, I just thought he was a guy on the crew...lol. Then they called the cars to the lanes and I'm there watching him put the suit on. I thought to myself...what a nice guy. He answered every question I asked him and we just shot the breeze like most regular joe's at the drag races. Something to be said about someone that is truly humble.
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

cgarb wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:44 pm Dom is a really nice guy, hope he makes it through ok. I had the pleasure of talking to him down at MIR one time. He had his fuel dragster there. He was prepping a set of cylinder heads in the pits and I was watching him. I started asking him questions and we had a very informative conversation (at least on my end) about top fuel cylinder heads and their fuel system. I didn't know he was Dom Lagana at the time, I just thought he was a guy on the crew...lol. Then they called the cars to the lanes and I'm there watching him put the suit on. I thought to myself...what a nice guy. He answered every question I asked him and we just shot the breeze like most regular joe's at the drag races. Something to be said about someone that is truly humble.
From everything I've heard & read, that's Dom in a nutshell. One of the nicest guys you could EVER meet.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
1972ho
Guru
Guru

Post by 1972ho »

Yep that’s a shitbox people these days sure have weird taste in what’s cool.
Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

Nice article on Dom and his progress since the accident.

https://www.nhra.com/news/2021/after-li ... back-trail
High quality metal, body and paint work
http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?t ... inia.9030/
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Dominick Lagana was traveling southbound on County Road 1000E when he drove off the west side of the roadway and hit a utility pole. He suffered life-threatening injuries during the crash. The sheriff’s office believes speed was a factor in the crash.
https://fox59.com/news/driver-suffers-l ... rownsburg/
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!