Nitrous Softening

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

BobbyB
Pro
Pro
Nitrous Softening

Post by BobbyB »

Looking for ideas on how best to avoid wheelspin with a small nitrous shot.(100 hp or less on a 420 hp NA engine.) The car is pretty much has all the traction I can get it, and does well NA, so, unless the N2O comes on gently, it will spin.
I would like to avoid using a laptop if I can. That is what I have been using and would prefer not going back there. (My current progressive system has died as far as I can tell.)
I am considering adding volume between the nitrous noid and the plate to soften the hit. Has anyone seen this (or anything else) work really well?
mt-engines
Expert
Expert

Re: Nitrous Softening

Post by mt-engines »

BobbyB wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:24 pm Looking for ideas on how best to avoid wheelspin with a small nitrous shot.(100 hp or less on a 420 hp NA engine.) The car is pretty much has all the traction I can get it, and does well NA, so, unless the N2O comes on gently, it will spin.
I would like to avoid using a laptop if I can. That is what I have been using and would prefer not going back there. (My current progressive system has died as far as I can tell.)
I am considering adding volume between the nitrous noid and the plate to soften the hit. Has anyone seen this (or anything else) work really well?
fix the suspension. tighten the rebound
Monza355
Expert
Expert

Post by Monza355 »

Put it on a handheld button and spray when the tire has been planted
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

BobbyB wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:24 pm Looking for ideas on how best to avoid wheelspin with a small nitrous shot.(100 hp or less on a 420 hp NA engine.) The car is pretty much has all the traction I can get it, and does well NA, so, unless the N2O comes on gently, it will spin.
You would need a really long line to see any difference.

I have used this cheap delay timer with good success, usually 4 to 6 tenths of a delay will give the chassis a chance to set and hold the hit.

"This unit features plug-in fuse and 40-amp relay along with an adjustable 0.1 second to 1.0 second time delay in 0.1 second increments."
https://www.jegs.com/i/ARC-Auto-Rod-Con ... 2/10002/-1
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

a progressive timer is what you seek.
BobbyB
Pro
Pro

Post by BobbyB »

GARY C wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:01 pm

I have used this cheap delay timer with good success, usually 4 to 6 tenths of a delay will give the chassis a chance to set and hold the hit.

"This unit features plug-in fuse and 40-amp relay along with an adjustable 0.1 second to 1.0 second time delay in 0.1 second increments."
Thank you very much Gary!
fastblackracing

Post by fastblackracing »

We have had good results using the NOS mini controler for pulling power at the hit.
% setting, time setting and some pulse frequency adjustment.(Hertz)
Straight forward and not overly complicated.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

BobbyB wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:11 pm
GARY C wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:01 pm

Thank you very much Gary!
If you have a timing retard you could buy 2, get creative and use one to control the timing, they can be used as an on or off switch.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!