Jw ultra bell

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

fishman
Expert
Expert

Jw ultra bell

Post by fishman »

I have a jw pg and my question is I’m rebuilding it and curious on the gasket to use on the rear governor . Little info on tranny it has a pro brake and the rear govenor support is the stock cast one. So first install gasket then tin plate and then govenor support. The over haul kit has two gaskets in it . One has four holes for support bolts , a hole at 11 o’clock and at 6 o’clock a drain hole. The other gasket has many holes, in guessing this is the stock one and the other one is for a brake. The tin has four bolt holes and a drain hole at the bottom. The gasket with hole at 11 o’clock , what would happen if u got it in wrong and that hole was at 1 o’clock
Thanks in advance
[IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/fishman1/S7300198-1.jpg[/IMG]
Dragsinger
Expert
Expert
Re: Jw ultra bell

Post by Dragsinger »

Fish,

in most builds, you will not see a gasket in the governer support, only the metal plate which will only lineup in one position. My experience is, do not use the paper gaskets, it is not necessary.

The reason for two different paper gaskets in the kit is that those gasket sets are universal in design so they would work with any combination of parts. [that is to say, a stock rebuild with or without a rear pump]
Larry Woodfin - Team Woodfin Racing - Owner, Woodfin Automotive
fishman
Expert
Expert

Re: Jw ultra bell

Post by fishman »

Larry
I couldn’t see. What the purpose of the gasket was as the tin plate blocks all the ports anyways.
Jw told me to use the gasket and if I put in one of there billet supports then you didn’t need the gasket. I guess I’m still learning how the flow gets to the reverse piston
[IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/fishman1/S7300198-1.jpg[/IMG]