Speed-Talk is running on www.Speed-Talk.com

IMPORTANT: Update your bookmarks to https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/
(Right-click the URL and select "Bookmark this link")

Stock Eliminator secrets?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Rob R
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Stock Eliminator secrets?

Post by Rob R »

[/quote]

so the stock ring grooves are mandated, but does that mean you cant run a thinner ring with a spacer under it?
[/quote]

lefty o, you can run a thinner ring, however, the ring groove spacer goes on the top side of the ring groove.
tenxal
Expert
Expert

Post by tenxal »

1972ho wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:41 amWOW close to 15000.00 in headers...
Now that's some creative ciphering..... :roll:
1972ho wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:41 am....that is more than I have spent on my whole car and it runs over a second under the index and that’s with a standard set of 2 inch hooker headers with a merge collector.WOW ain’t that something.
Looking forward to you posting pics and further documenting this car and your achievements.
LSP
Pro
Pro

Post by LSP »

[/quote]

THE lowest I’ve ever heard on a SBC (8 cylinder of course) was 7 lbs/ft of rotating torque... 1 lbs/ft difference could be error.

THE lowest I’ve ever witnessed was 11-12ish rotating and I’ve been fortunate enough to have been around a lot of very sharp and competent builders/racers.
[/quote]

Just finished up a SBC NHRA Super Stock short block today - 4 lbs. breakaway and rotating, 15/50 break in oil on everything
1972ho
Expert
Expert

Post by 1972ho »

This is the car
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff Lee
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Jeff Lee »

1972ho wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:42 pm I’m not really trying to be a smart azz are anything but that is a chuck of doe for a class that only pays 1200.00 to win if that and hardly any contingency.If I spent that kind of scratch I would be 2 seconds plus under if not more.
Really??? Is the H/SA Mustang picture down the tread your car? I’d like to see one of those Cleveland's go -2.00! =D>
Coming Soon! NHRA SS/G
1970 AMX
390 4-speed
Advanced Clutches
Red Line Racing Cams
smeg
Pro
Pro

Post by smeg »

This is a really good thread, keep it going please. How hard are you guys turning these things at the stripe?
jed
Expert
Expert

Post by jed »

LSP wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:43 pm
THE lowest I’ve ever heard on a SBC (8 cylinder of course) was 7 lbs/ft of rotating torque... 1 lbs/ft difference could be error.

THE lowest I’ve ever witnessed was 11-12ish rotating and I’ve been fortunate enough to have been around a lot of very sharp and competent builders/racers.
[/quote]

Just finished up a SBC NHRA Super Stock short block today - 4 lbs. breakaway and rotating, 15/50 break in oil on everything
[/quote]

Thats an amazing low number to rotate a short block. Thats a crankshaft, rods and Pistons with rings. That's only 6 in/lb
per cylinder.
LSP
Pro
Pro

Post by LSP »

jed wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:22 am
LSP wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:43 pm

[/quote]

Thats an amazing low number to rotate a short block. Thats a crankshaft, rods and Pistons with rings. That's only 6 in/lb
per cylinder.
[/quote]

Yes, rotating crank, rods, pistons with rings, cam/belt drive
tenxal
Expert
Expert

Post by tenxal »

smeg wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:06 pmThis is a really good thread, keep it going please. How hard are you guys turning these things at the stripe?
My 327-275 (.390/.410 camshaft) will be about 7,400 at the finish line in decent air.