Spot lights.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Spot lights.

Post by pdq67 »

Years ago I had a pair of Ray Dot clear driving lights on my car when I let it get away from me.

Clear lenses with a silver dot in the middle of them. 200,000 candle power jobbers.

Are they still sold?

They would light up a newspaper at a 1/4 mile easy.

pdq67
emsvitil
Pro
Pro
Re: Spot lights.

Post by emsvitil »

Ed
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

A friend in California had small aircraft landing lights mounted in his car along with a heavy duty sliding resistor to control the brightness. He would use them in the hills/mountains around the LA basin. They had so much power that when you switched them on, small particles of dust that you would not otherwise notice lit up like little snowflakes.

Of course, he eventually passed a cruiser and he could see him in his rear-view mirror stopping to turn around, So he immediately pulled over and turned off his car and the lights and slid the rod on the resistor way over. The officer told him to turn his lights on and then they were bright but nothing like the power of the Sun, as before. Saved his butt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cool friend, Dave. He was a diesel mechanic for a beer distributor and his avocation was rescuing Desert Tortoises. He was very active in the SoCal Turtle and Tortoise Club and got me signed up (I am a life member and the Gazette arrived again a couple days ago). Good memories.

Edit: Just remembered one of his favorite lines: At night, light equals horsepower. :lol:
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

I need to ask a question here PDQ67, that being if can get on this site to post up questions or whatever, then why the heck can't you just do a search and find this info out for yourself?

It seems to me you do this type of thing constantly if you don't mind me saying!
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
mt-engines
Expert
Expert

Post by mt-engines »

pdq67 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:04 am Years ago I had a pair of Ray Dot clear driving lights on my car when I let it get away from me.

Clear lenses with a silver dot in the middle of them. 200,000 candle power jobbers.

Are they still sold?

They would light up a newspaper at a 1/4 mile easy.

pdq67
what does this have to do with engine tech?
why do you post so much garbage? find some friends, do google searches please.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to offend anybody.

I will try to hold off on the not topic crap in the future.

pdq67