Anybody try one of these intakes?

Post by 77cruiser »

Jim
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Re: Anybody try one of these intakes?

Post by prairiehotrodder »

i put one on a 350 this spring. I like the little adapters that allow it to be used on TBI heads or regular SBC heads. It was cheap and worked fine for the purpose i needed.
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
77cruiser
Guru
Guru

Post by 77cruiser »

prairiehotrodder wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:39 pm i put one on a 350 this spring. I like the little adapters that allow it to be used on TBI heads or regular SBC heads. It was cheap and worked fine for the purpose i needed.
How do you think it would compare to a RPM/ airgap?
Jim
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

I don't know as far as power goes.
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

77cruiser wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:48 pm
prairiehotrodder wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:39 pm i put one on a 350 this spring. I like the little adapters that allow it to be used on TBI heads or regular SBC heads. It was cheap and worked fine for the purpose i needed.
They are a copy of the edelbrock intake that was made for a dual purpose.
Edelbrock has 2 different intakes for the 55-85 and the other with the center bolt angle changed for the 86-95 heads pre vortec.
They will make the engine run but the castings are not the same quality and nor are they the same flow numbers either.
The intakes I have seen for budget builds the runners seem to need a bunch of work and others not so much but the port opening locations are not to blueprint at times as well.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

ProPower engines wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:13 amThey are a copy of the edelbrock intake that was made for a dual purpose.
Edelbrock has 2 different intakes for the 55-85 and the other with the center bolt angle changed for the 86-95 heads pre vortec.
They will make the engine run but the castings are not the same quality and nor are they the same flow numbers either.
The intakes I have seen for budget builds the runners seem to need a bunch of work and others not so much but the port opening locations are not to blueprint at times as well.
Eddy copied the Dart supposedly. My two new rpm air gaps were terrible, even had to correct the bolt holes but supposedly eddy has redone some of their castings. Most dual plane air gap/rpm style intakes are pretty much the same with slight runner size diff or plenum and of course the notch. The two offshore vortec intakes I got were ok, hard to say from a pic but the one they used for the photo looks meh when you enlarge it.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
77cruiser
Guru
Guru

Post by 77cruiser »

ProPower engines wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:13 am
77cruiser wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:48 pm
They are a copy of the edelbrock intake that was made for a dual purpose.
I thought it might be something like that. Thanks
Jim