Whos using The-Blue box on there flow bench?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

drifter
Expert
Expert

Whos using The-Blue box on there flow bench?

Post by drifter »

Is anyone using the blue box ? I would like to ask some general questions about saving files and opening them back up I find it difficult to use
HBlom

Re: Whos using The-Blue box on there flow bench?

Post by HBlom »

Did you ever get any answers here? I have recently purchased a SF110 with a Bluebox installed and banging my head on how to calibrate and then test. Not sure how to use the various stoppers on the top plate with the Blue Box. It only gives the one option for all open plugs as far as calibration...but assume you need to plug some of them when doing low lift flow, especially on small valves.
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

I thought Flowcom controls the speed of the motors in the SF110 and 120 benches, so you want all the flow range stoppers open.
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Greg Long
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Greg Long »

drifter, HBlom, I think I have all the instructions for the bluebox. I am not sure how to get them to you as I am a computer dummy but will help if I can.
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

The blue box you are referring to is 'Superflow' or 'C&D technologies'?
Greg Long
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Greg Long »

hoodeng, if you are asking me, the instructions are for C&D, Larry Cavanaugh's bluebox. Sorry I didn't say that before.
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

Greg,Drifter.

As you probably know Larry sadly passed away.. A wealth of knowledge.

Greg, you should be able to right click ,copy and paste the files onto an email as an attachment in a PM to Drifter.

Mark.
Greg Long
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Greg Long »

hoodeng, as I said I'm a computer dummy. I have a print copy of the instructions, not on the computer. I really don't know to scan, or move things around on a computer, post pictures, etc. It is really frustrating, and I would like to learn but when I have looked up info on the computer on those subjects everyone speaks "computer". Way over my head. Greg
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

Hi Greg, no problem, just didn't want to get tangled in a line of existing communication without an invite. Drifter may still want a hard copy of your files.
Must admit, i am a bit of a fan of hard copy myself, you can flip back and forth a lot easier.

Drifter, if you want, pm me i will email you the docs i have if that works.

Cheers.
Greg Long
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Greg Long »

hoodeng, I apprectate you trying to help, same thing I was trying to do. Seems drifter has lost interest or found the info he needed. If I can figure some of this computer stuff out, I will still help. Greg
HBlom

Post by HBlom »

Yes it is larry's C&D box we are speaking of, so no Superflow computer...thus have to use the stoppers on top to get decent resolution
HBlom

Post by HBlom »

I have attached my files I have that are in PDF format. This is all the info I have. Gary, do your hardcopy versions have any additional data/info?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
drifter
Expert
Expert

Post by drifter »

Hello guys yes I’m still interested in the C&D system I will print these out and go over them and I’m sure I will have some questions Thankyou
Greg Long
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Greg Long »

This is what I have printed. software setup, orifice calibration, configuration process, archived data charting form, using show / and picture form, archived flow test form, about digital sensors and some emails from Larry with tips and some other info. These are in addition to the downloads listed above. I'm still trying to get some help with computer skills, but Dr.'s and physical therapy visits are holding me up.
I remembered yesterday people you might contact who have or did use the bluebox. Larry at maxracesoftware, Chad Speier, and xxxx, Smithberg,all members here, I think. Greg