Budget 350 RV build

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

lefty o
Guru
Guru
Re: Budget 350 RV build

Post by lefty o »

turbo camino wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:03 pm I wouldn't do anything other than fix what's broken if he's not willing to do the 3.75" crank. (actually if it was me I'd probably turn it down altogether)
the last part here is the choice. sometimes, customers arent worth the hassle. this guy wont spend any money. last engine probably ended up like it is because he ran it on low grade fuel, with constant heavy loads on an undersized engine, and when this rebuild doesnt make him happy, your name is now with it. #-o
rustbucket79
Guru
Guru
Re: Budget 350 RV build

Post by rustbucket79 »

lefty o wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:09 pm
turbo camino wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:03 pm I wouldn't do anything other than fix what's broken if he's not willing to do the 3.75" crank. (actually if it was me I'd probably turn it down altogether)
the last part here is the choice. sometimes, customers arent worth the hassle. this guy wont spend any money. last engine probably ended up like it is because he ran it on low grade fuel, with constant heavy loads on an undersized engine, and when this rebuild doesnt make him happy, your name is now with it. #-o
And to quote the quotes, if he can detonate a no compression smog engine, he has zero ear for an engine killing itself, can’t spend a few extra bucks for premium when mountains are part of the drive, and probably dumps his septic in an alley to save a buck too. :oops:

Unless he’s a good friend or you are starving, sending him to the next shop may be the most profitable work you do today. :wink: