BBC heads question

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Bob Hollinshead
Guru
Guru
Re: BBC heads question

Post by Bob Hollinshead »

I have the same tunnel ram, they made 5 different tops for it. The one with the largest plenum volume is a two piece design.
Pro question poster.
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

The new tunnel ram and vacuum pump seemed to help. Ran best of 9.166 at 148 mph. The mph is way up over last year even though the 60' is way worse. I'm quite happy that things are working good. If i can get the 60' to come around to where i think it should be, then a 9 flat should be possible. thanks to all my speedtalk friends for your help.
Brian
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
PRH
Guru
Guru

Post by PRH »

In May you had thought there was something wrong with it.

Find anything there?
Somewhat handy with a die grinder.
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

PRH wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:10 pm In May you had thought there was something wrong with it.

Find anything there?
I took the motor apart and found nothing. On my third pass this saturday the motor started misfiring quite bad and slowed down 3 tenths. I checked everything and couldn't find anything obvious. I put in a set of spark plugs just because i had them at the track. That fixed it. I finally found that 2 of my spark plugs had a wiggle inside the porcelain. You could hear a clicking sound if you wiggled the end where the plug wire attaches. Its possible that those spark plugs were starting to fail the last time i was at the track however there was no noticeable misfire.
Brian
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com