Engine Vibration

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

hysteric
Pro
Pro
Engine Vibration

Post by hysteric »

Does anyone have a way in which they monitor cycle to cycle variations in engine running via vibration or harmonics with a data logger?

I would imagine that a higher sampling rate like a 100 samples per second would be ideal but I'm limited to the Innovate stuff.
David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Re: Engine Vibration

Post by David Redszus »

hysteric wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:49 pm Does anyone have a way in which they monitor cycle to cycle variations in engine running via vibration or harmonics with a data logger?

I would imagine that a higher sampling rate like a 100 samples per second would be ideal but I'm limited to the Innovate stuff.
Yes, we do that type of thing all the time. We started about five years ago and has become a tool box staple.

The Vibration sensor that we use (and sell), will sample at up to a frequency of 3.2kHz and log the data.
It records in three axis and can be used anywhere on the vehicle, engine, transmission, drive line, suspension, etc.

It can then be downloaded to a laptop for analysis. It can produce wave frequency, velocity, amplitude and a few
other things we rarely use.

The cost is less than that of a good tire including sensor and logger with software.
hysteric
Pro
Pro

Post by hysteric »

Thanks David do you have a link I can go to?
David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus »

hysteric wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:54 am Thanks David do you have a link I can go to?
PM your email.