BBC gear drive

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Re: BBC gear drive

Post by prairiehotrodder »

does anyone know if the milodon blown / injected gear drive can be used with a flat cover in a normal application ? I'm not blown / injected right now but may be some day.
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

prairiehotrodder wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:43 pm does anyone know if the milodon blown / injected gear drive can be used with a flat cover in a normal application ? I'm not blown / injected right now but may be some day.
I am sure if can as long as the balancer clears and the timing pointer is located correctly and the WP pulley center line and the accessories line up you should be good.
You may need a spacer set for the WP and shim the alt. and PS pump but nothing guys have not done for the last 60 years anyway
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

prairiehotrodder wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:43 pm does anyone know if the milodon blown / injected gear drive can be used with a flat cover in a normal application ? I'm not blown / injected right now but may be some day.
If you see yourself going blown alky someday order the self contained unit that includes it's own cover with the center plate. You will be happier in the long run.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

Dave Koehler wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:17 pm
If you see yourself going blown alky someday order the self contained unit that includes it's own cover with the center plate. You will be happier in the long run.
Is the cam driven fuel pump better than a belt driven one ?

Are you suggesting to buy the milodon gear drive that has the flange to bolt on the fuel pump ? Can it be run with just a flat cover over it untill the need arises to use it as a fuel pump driver ?
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

prairiehotrodder wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:18 pm
Dave Koehler wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:17 pm
1: Is the cam driven fuel pump better than a belt driven one ?

2: Are you suggesting to buy the milodon gear drive that has the flange to bolt on the fuel pump ?

3: Can it be run with just a flat cover over it untill the need arises to use it as a fuel pump driver ?
1: In a blown app, yes. Ok to use NA also.
2: Yes
3: Yes. As the cover also incorporates cam end play the easiest thing is to make a little plate to cover where the pump mounts.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."