Speedmaster blocks....whats the skinny on these?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

houser45
Pro
Pro
Re: Speedmaster blocks....whats the skinny on these?

Post by houser45 »

Until they are proven to have accuracy in the dimensions of core shift and material at least close to an oem block. They are a waste of valuable time and money.
dfarr67
Expert
Expert

Post by dfarr67 »

As a consumer- I think of resale down the road. Will you make the money back on a more recognized block?
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

1972ho wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:12 am https://www.nytimes.com/1992/11/04/busi ... steel.html This why you have been seeing a lot parts being manufactured in China.
What does an article from 1992 that's about something that started in the 80s have to do with China making more steel now?
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

Kazoom wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:51 pm
Caprimaniac wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:31 am I was looking at getting a 351W aluminum Speedmaster block.
There was a thread on YB about this block and there was one guy who’d aquired one and commented on the quality after inspectino & measuring. He said «it was all over the place» and returned the block. (And got a Dart piece instead). That’s the one real- life example I’ve seen on these blocks.
However... Summit sell that block. To be honest I’d guess it’s not that bad... Still tempted to try one...
I just got my latest 4th china / speedmaster/procomp 351w short block built by PPP/FPS/AVG last week ... ALL IN SPEC ... very happy with it :mrgreen:

> https://www.corral.net/threads/351-spee ... t-18666278 <

I have learned from internet forums is you have to pick the right people/shops that are able and willing to take care of any issues that may come up,

I have learned that not many of the guys selling blocks out of there barns/sheds on forums are able/willing or have the knowledge to do that,

I have learned these type of knowledgeable guys/shops are usually too busy with work to be living/posting day after day on internet forums.

Dude, it's you alone claiming this dart cracking bs still. Same thing you've been saying for years and yet you're still the only one saying it. You're the only one pushing China crap over Dart.

Just shut the [DELETE THIS POST] up already. You haven't convinced anyone in the last 10 years that China crap is better than, Dart. Don't waste the next 10, too. We don't care that you believe that crap. You're not changing anyone's mind.
Last edited by midnightbluS10 on Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

I'd completely trust the guy in that video no more than some random forum post. In fact that's why I always say, I'm not an expert in my own videos.
They are meant as a guide so any person can use my info to make their own judgement, same as anything I read on a forum or in a book. Did he show the exact split Dart blocks?

I have two brand new intakes from Dart(also had a few sets of heads) and one direct from Speedmaster. I'd buy from Dart again. I'll finish the Speedmaster intake video someday and if I find any new probelms in the future from Dart I'd call them on it but nada so far. I've even had good parts from Speedmaster but small stuff that's hard to screw up, well I got some girdles nuts for a cheap project and I gotta run a tap thru a few of them.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

Kazoom, you've got to admit you have a weird obsession about Dart blocks.I've seen your posts for many years, on several forums. That is one reason why I think you are connected to Speedmaster or Pro-Comp in some way, not just a fan-boy. Or you are Chinese and have a lot of Communist pride. No way are you just solely an end user of the product.

Oh and you are also a troll. You obviously like stirring up shit.
High quality metal, body and paint work
http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?t ... inia.9030/
1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

Chris_Hamilton wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:24 pm Kazoom, you've got to admit you have a weird obsession about Dart blocks.I've seen your posts for many years, on several forums. That is one reason why I think you are connected to Speedmaster or Pro-Comp in some way, not just a fan-boy. Or you are Chinese and have a lot of Communist pride. No way are you just solely an end user of the product.

Oh and you are also a troll. You obviously like stirring up shit.
Ouch, that's going to leave a skid mark. :lol:
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FC-Pilot »

I know I should not do this, but I just could not stop my fingers.

So Kazoom, how did its hardness test out? You said that the engine shop had to correct some stuff, what all needed to be corrected? Also, how much did all the corrections cost you? You say you have used them for a while, how many laps or passes do you have on any of them. I think it is great you are excited about your parts, but we here at speedtalk are concerned with details, cheerleading does not impress me. I would appreciate any valid details you have to share about the products.

The intent of the thread was to discuss what was good or bad about them by stating facts or experience. I have none with their blocks, but have had some with other components. I won’t go into those details as that is not what this thread is about, and I also won’t bring up details and experience of other parts or manufacturers that are not procomp, again because that is not in the scope of the thread.

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins
canuc

Post by canuc »

kaboom you are nothing but a lying multiple screen name many times banned troll . I guess I missed your grand finale of bs to get your screen name for that day banned from yb . I wish I would of quoted all of your nonsense that I replied too , not sure why it got removed .
canuc

Post by canuc »

kaboom look I know you'd like me to be upset but like I said on yb I'm just happy to be done with crapmaster . It's obvious you'll use any means to get a chance to spam crapmaster , you didn't ask if the block had a 1750 special price tag you said 1250 , but like I already said your a liar . And to answer how the crate was labeled it just said 351 engine block , nothing about it being a clearance or blem or anything like your trying to imply . At least one thing your owning up to here is being a mutilple screen name troll .
Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

How about some video of those running engines Kazoom? And because I'm a doubting Thomas, I'd need to see your screen name in the video, like on a piece of paper. If you have four built running engines it shouldn't be hard to produce some video.
1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

Just saw some pictures of some new SBC Procomp heads, looks like they did everything to add metal to hurt air flow rather then help.
canuc

Post by canuc »

here you go kaboom a finished block nothing else noted .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

Kazoom wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:17 am MAN, I can rrreally feel the LOVE in this thread :lol:
canuc wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:17 pm kaboom look I know you'd like me to be upset but like I said on yb I'm just happy to be done with crapmaster . It's obvious you'll use any means to get a chance to spam crapmaster , you didn't ask if the block had a 1750 special price tag you said 1250 , but like I already said your a liar . And to answer how the crate was labeled it just said 351 engine block , nothing about it being a clearance or blem or anything like your trying to imply . At least one thing your owning up to here is being a mutilple screen name troll .
Hi canuc, i heard these blocks should come with a "spec tag" showing spec's & i think something about who in usa machined them?, if that pos $1550 block is as bad as you say, clearly its not a blem & should of been melted down like some of the other american dart crap. Anyway I am glad you are done with that $1450 pos block & have moved on with your life. So im speculating the problem with the legendary sm/pc Quality Control is the american language barrier, not sure but i think not being able to speak mexican (californias official language) could be the problem here #-o

& hey, you know what they say about trolls... takes one to know one =D> , as i said before, i have about the same amount of user names on YB
(about 1250 or so) as some of the loosers living there lives on the YB forum :wink:
Chris_Hamilton wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:42 pm How about some video of those running engines Kazoom? And because I'm a doubting Thomas, I'd need to see your screen name in the video, like on a piece of paper. If you have four built running engines it shouldn't be hard to produce some video.
:lol: so funny you expect me to supply you with vid clips & passport now =D> , especially that I just got the forth one just over a week ago,
but hey no problem, send me your vidcamera with instrutions how to use it and i will get right on it just for you. :roll:
1980RS wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:06 pm Just saw some pictures of some new SBC Procomp heads, looks like they did everything to add metal to hurt air flow rather then help.
:o man!, its so nice to meet another expert like yourself on sm/pc heads :D as i DO have a few sets of them ...
here are my latest ones i just got... https://www.corral.net/threads/351c-ave ... t-18666277

with some close up pics of ports... https://www.corral.net/threads/351-clev ... st-9822418
you got some issues buddy. :roll:
Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

Kazoom, you said you have four of these. You also mentioned you had one running in a mudbog(?) truck. Shouldn't be too hard to take some video with your cellphone of one running. Being that you are such a big supporter of them I would think you would want to do so. Short video, with proof that it's you, close up of the block and upload it to youtube. How hard is that?

I don't expect that you will as I think you are a Speedmaster Shill :^o . But prove me wrong, post some video.

Way I see it time to put up or shut up.