BBC pro dominater tr

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Madspeed

BBC pro dominater tr

Post by Madspeed »

Will it fit bb2 heads? srry so rude . hello im new =) trying to find the answer fast. selling some shop equip for cash and a tr setup to throw on myy 555 bbc build.
Ken
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Re: BBC pro dominater tr

Post by FC-Pilot »

Yep, as long as your deck height is the same as the manifold casting , and they are both rectangle port. The ones I have seen were rectangle port, I am just not sure if they did an oval port intake or not. As always, buyer must do their own homework and inspection.

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins
Madspeed

Post by Madspeed »

The deal hasent gone down so far. The numbers on the carbs indicate 600 cfm looks like vac secondary's. not sure how those would pan out. I was thinking fast would work mo betta. If this deal falls through. What might a suggested tr intake and cfm be for 555 w 10:5.1 w cam as follows
VALVE LIFT...........: .661 .668 CHECKING HEIGHT......: .015 ADVERTISED DURATION..: 291 297 VALVES TIMING @......: .050 VALVES OPEN..........: 17 68 VALVES CLOSED........: 57 12 DURATION @ 0.050.....: 254 260 LOBE LIFT............: .3890 .3930 ROCKER RATIO.........: 1.70 1.70 BANK ANGLE...........: STD STD CENTER LINE..........: 110.0 118.0 LOBE SEPARATION......: 114.0 CAM ADVANCE..........: 4.0
Madspeed

Post by Madspeed »

FC-Pilot wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:00 am Yep, as long as your deck height is the same as the manifold casting , and they are both rectangle port. The ones I have seen were rectangle port, I am just not sure if they did an oval port intake or not. As always, buyer must do their own homework and inspection.

Paul
Yea the heads are Rec port Brodix (Big Brodie heads) Just not sure If Im gonna buy a new intake which one would be betetta.
Ken
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

Is that a solid flat tappet camshaft?
Madspeed

Post by Madspeed »

cgarb wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:26 am Is that a solid flat tappet camshaft?
Solid roller
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

That could use some lift... Any way you could get some 1.8 rockers?
Madspeed

Post by Madspeed »

cgarb wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:20 am That could use some lift... Any way you could get some 1.8 rockers?
I think your right. Im not to happy w the choice. I called comp cams w car. weight. manual trans. flow sheet. cid and that I wanted to run a tr. I already have a set of Jessel sportsman alum shaft mount 1.7s =( maybe I pass the cam to a buddy for his 454 and buy another. {attachment=0]phpux9qwe_a23c25c19ee7ab4e8f60635b06cdefe9e9eb322e.jpeg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

Is this street driven? If it is I think the duration is ballpark, a lobe with more lift would help it some. Maybe you got the wrong tech at comp cams.
Madspeed

Post by Madspeed »

cgarb wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:34 pm Is this street driven? If it is I think the duration is ballpark, a lobe with more lift would help it some. Maybe you got the wrong tech at comp cams.
Yes I will daily it. Looking at the Edelbrok tr fi w 2 throttle body's w injectors in the manifold. The tech was adamant about valve spring and roller lifter life and felt less lift would cause less lifter and spring wear
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

The tech was probably not giving you bad advice then. If its a daily driver, thats completely different than an occasional cruiser.
Madspeed

Post by Madspeed »

cgarb wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:52 pm The tech was probably not giving you bad advice then. If its a daily driver, thats completely different than an occasional cruiser.
Yea. But id daily a pro stock car lol.