Collapsible boundary layer

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

mpgmike

Post by mpgmike »

As AB pointed out, I have been moving. How much "stuff" do you own? I can quantify mine at 29 pick-up truck loads! Still working on getting the shop in order. Thanks for the thoughts and input guys.

I realized before ever posting that I could continue making claims and selling porting jobs. I knew that I would have satisfied customers, as I have always had in the past. My reason for posting was to try to take this to the next level...get more great minds involved. There might be a better source of great engineering minds somewhere on the net, but I haven't found it yet. Speed Talk has proven to be where the innovative people frequent. I don't have all of the answers, nor do I have the equipment to get them.

I suspect there is someone that has read the thread, never posted before, and is in his shop doing testing. I would love to know what results come of it. I would love to know what other types of testing could show merit. I want to learn more and know this is where to find the people that can teach me. I have an idea. It is not the Holy Grail, but another puzzle piece that makes for better understanding of our ICEs.

In short, thanks all and I'll keep trying to develop it further and understand it better (along with the other really awesome things I learn here).

Mike
vwchuck
Expert
Expert
Re: Collapsible boundary layer

Post by vwchuck »

I did a test around 10 years ago on my car. I basically golf ball dimpled the intake port with a dremel tool. There were NO other changes to the engine at all. I did not do any dyno testing it was only seat of the pants testing. I also did not have access to a flow bench at the time. The engine seemed to make more torque everywhere and was noticable from the seat of my pants. Maybe this data will be of some use for you or maybe not. It isn't very technical just a seat of the pants A-B comparison.
pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: Collapsible boundary layer

Post by pdq67 »

Get hold of vortec Pro and see what he has to say.

Mark(mike1321/vortec Pro) New Engine Report - Chevelle Tech
Chevelle Tech > Performance ... Mark(mike1321/vortec Pro) New Engine Report Performance
www.chevelles.com/forums/​showthread.php?t=234371 - Cached

And I do know that Macfarland had dimpled ramped pistons years ago for sale, but I can't find the link to them??

pdq67