Cheap Ebay SBC Retrofit Hydraulic roller lifters

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Re: Cheap Ebay SBC Retrofit Hydraulic roller lifters

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

If a .842" diameter full skirt body roller lifter did have a .750" diameter wheel the skirt wall would be very thin.

A .700" diameter wheel allows near twice the skirt wall thickness at the critical areas on a fully skirted .842" lifter body.
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

F-BIRD'88 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:29 pm If a .842" diameter full skirt body roller lifter did have a .750" diameter wheel the skirt wall would be very thin.

A .700" diameter wheel allows near twice the skirt wall thickness at the critical areas on a fully skirted .842" lifter body.
Yah I know those that went to a .750 went back to a .700 but this set wasn't for a big HP engine. Also if they aren't the .750 wheel or short travel, do you really trust any of the other claims?
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

".... Also if they aren't the .750 wheel or short travel, do you really trust any of the other claims?"

Don't care. as I only use stock OEM hyd roller lifters (mild stuff builds) or go straight to a solid roller lifter/Street Roller camshaft set up on anything else roller.
Avoid all the performance issues of retro fit hyd roller lifters altogether. (pump up, bleed down, rpm limitations, unintended noise, inconsistant performance.) (Higher cost).
6.50camaro
HotPass
HotPass

Post by 6.50camaro »

The 1 hyd. roller motor I built I used Crane retro fit lifters . Turned it to 7k with no problem using K Motion K800 springs. Don't know who made the lifters or if they are still available after the demise of Crane Cams . Dan
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

F-BIRD'88 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:18 am Don't care. as I only use stock OEM hyd roller lifters (mild stuff builds) or go straight to a solid roller lifter/Street Roller camshaft set up on anything else roller.
Avoid all the performance issues of retro fit hyd roller lifters altogether. (pump up, bleed down, rpm limitations, unintended noise, inconsistant performance.) (Higher cost).
Some guy with 1 post bumped this thread and posted a link that I'm not gonna click.

I like oem roller type lifters as well and never have used retro/link rollers(yet), these are the ones I was talking bout back when this post was active https://youtu.be/3sp3RzqBtJo
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!