Hemi parts by FHO vs Barton

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

mopardave

Hemi parts by FHO vs Barton

Post by mopardave »

Anyone here bought engines parts from either of these two guys? I would like to know pros and cons of each. Building a 572 street/strip hemi and want the best Hemi shop to deal with. Looking for honesty, quality and knowledge.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: Hemi parts by FHO vs Barton

Post by ProPower engines »

Many times.
What are you specifically wanting to find in your parts search??
Or a shop to do machining and supply parts and a turn key engine.

Neither of them are cheap to deal with and the stories abound of the bad things but I have had no issues but I tend to favor Barton for some things.
But just remember that every engine is different and a challenge to get perfect and they don't last like a sm blk mopar does.

These big elephants have a short life span if your not on top of what they need and even shorter if you don't listen to them cry for help.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
mopardave

Post by mopardave »

Stage v cylinder heads for a 12:1 572 street/strip deal. I want the most correct port and valve size for what i'm doing. I want power from idle to 7000rpm. Worried of getting a too big or too small cylinder head. Who knows most about a combo like this?
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

mopardave wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:16 pm Stage v cylinder heads for a 12:1 572 street/strip deal. I want the most correct port and valve size for what i'm doing. I want power from idle to 7000rpm. Worried of getting a too big or too small cylinder head. Who knows most about a combo like this?
So this is just for street??
I have some customers that use Barton's combo's for track racing that turn them to as high as 9800 RPM for shift point.
But if track performance is high priority then low speed street use will be sluggish but intake plays a big part as well.
What are you planning to use?? A sheet metal system seems to be standard issue for what you are going to have for intended use.
Also if there is any class rules that need to be followed as the hemi has some unique issues that have been over come but rules have disallowed some of the more common mods like the use of all the valve cover bolts or all the intake flange mounting holes must be used just to name a couple that plagued the NHRA SS class for several years till some changes were made.

Feel free to PM me if you need some pic's or other related details as I have been doing most of the local guys cyl. head updates to meet current rules for the troubled areas.

Dave
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
mt-engines
Expert
Expert

Post by mt-engines »

How much power do you need to idle? Gotta 200lb flywheel or something?
mopardave

Post by mopardave »

Not sure yet, but either the 2/4's stage v or the Indy cast tunnel ram. Will be pro/street deal. Will go to track for paper trophy's only. Will be something simular to my 511 wedge which is 12.5:1, solid 270@50/.650" tunnel ram in full interior 67 Barracuda and runs 10.0@135 currently. so looking for 850/900hp street/strip Hemi.