Computer controlled enforcement of speed limits in the EU

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

ClassicRob

Re: Computer controlled enforcement of speed limits in the EU

Post by ClassicRob »

CamKing wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:56 am Reminds me of my favorite song.

My uncle has a country place
No one knows about
He says it used to be a farm
Before the "Motor Law"
And on Sundays I elude the eyes
And hop the turbine freight
To far outside the wire
Where my white-haired uncle waits
Jump to the ground
As the turbo slows to cross the borderline
Run like the wind
As excitement shivers up and down my spine
Down in his barn
My uncle preserved for me an old machine
For 50 odd years
To keep it as new has been his dearest dream
I strip away the old debris
That hides a shining car
A brilliant red Barchetta
From a better vanished time
We fire up the willing engine
Responding with a roar
Tires spitting gravel
I commit my weekly crime
Wind in my hair
Shifting and drifting
Mechanical music
Adrenaline surge
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware
Suddenly ahead of me
Across the mountainside
A gleaming alloy air car
Shoots towards me, two lanes wide
I spin around with shrieking tires
To run the deadly race
Go screaming through the valley
As another joins the chase
Drive like the wind
Straining the limits of machine and man
Laughing out loud with fear and hope
I've got a desperate plan
At the one-lane bridge
I leave the giants stranded at the riverside
Race back to the farm
To dream with my uncle at the fireside
Who sings that?
I dont mind washing my Camaro with Fleetwood Mac's "Hypnotized" playing when im done and checking over the detail. God love the automobile!
j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c »

Chris_Hamilton wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:10 pm JCC could you post a contract that states what you have said?. Or provide me a link? I would like to see that in writing.

The only time I have ever heard of anything remotely close to what you are describing is most Humane Society's have a clause that you must spay or neuter the animal. If you don't they can and often will repossess the animal. There are also clauses that allow the HS to reposses an animal if it is being abused. If an adopter abides by the T+C's of the adoption contract, HS has no recourse or interest to take the animal back. :wink: I have only had rescue dogs as well and nowhere in any of the contracts has it ever stated that said Humane Society retains all property rights to the animal for perpetuity. :shock:
The stipulations in the Adoption Contracts are there to protect the animal, not to exert some Orwellian control over pet ownership. I searched and could not find one instance of a H.S. taking back a pet as long as the T&C's of the adoption contract are being met.
The vast majority of Humane Society's in the U.S. do good work.
I'll see if I can dig up a copy.

When I read the "contract" at the front desk of the local HS, I asked about the "terms", the office staff said "they would never take back animal", "that is just to prevent animal" abuse, maybe, but then I asked, why does the contract say HS has the right? I asked to speak to the person in charge, I was refused. Sorry, I trust the written word more then spoken intentions. My fear was, with a very common shepard mix rescue pet, it would be easy for a neighbor who had a legit complaint with a nearby simliar looking dog to report mine by mistake, and I could come home and find my fenced in pet missing, without a clue what happened, and is say if it was a dog bite/attack complaint, my dog could be put down before I discovered the real situation, or again by the fine print, if I "passed" for any reason, the pet returns and stays with the HS as they retain ownership, not with my closest or preferred designated relatives. That sucks. Your understanding of what the purpose of the stipulations is based on faith, it is very easily corrected, just include a due process clause that the owner gets to make their case, or the HS must give notice before during and/or after their actions. If it is so rare, it would easy to do I suspect.

If you think I have made up what I am sharing above, this conversation is over.

Is it possible, that on that only on that one day, and that one HS location, these terms existed, yes I admit, but I doubt it.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

ClassicRob wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:15 am Who sings that?
RUSH
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

j-c-c wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:27 am
When I was in CA, I got a dog from the local Boxer rescue, and the contract was exactly what you said yours was.
The rescue "owns" the dog, and they could come and take it, at any time, for any reason. The contract also stated that if they showed up at my house, I would have to make the dog available to them, and let them see her living conditions. I had to let them know who was living in the house, and the age of my children. The Rescue also required that I give our Vet permission to share the dog's medical files with them.
The contract really gave me a sick feeling, reading it, but after I paid the rescue, I never heard anything again from them.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

Chris_Hamilton wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:10 pm JCC could you post a contract that states what you have said?. Or provide me a link? I would like to see that in writing.

The only time I have ever heard of anything remotely close to what you are describing is most Humane Society's have a clause that you must spay or neuter the animal. If you don't they can and often will repossess the animal. There are also clauses that allow the HS to reposses an animal if it is being abused. If an adopter abides by the T+C's of the adoption contract, HS has no recourse or interest to take the animal back. :wink: I have only had rescue dogs as well and nowhere in any of the contracts has it ever stated that said Humane Society retains all property rights to the animal for perpetuity. :shock:
The stipulations in the Adoption Contracts are there to protect the animal, not to exert some Orwellian control over pet ownership. I searched and could not find one instance of a H.S. taking back a pet as long as the T&C's of the adoption contract are being met.
The vast majority of Humane Society's in the U.S. do good work.

When I read the "contract" at the front desk of the local HS, I asked about the "terms", the office staff said "they would never take back animal", "that is just to prevent animal" abuse, maybe, but then I asked, why does the contract say HS has the right? I asked to speak to the person in charge, I was refused. Sorry, I trust the written word more then spoken intentions. My fear was, with a very common shepard mix rescue pet, it would be easy for a neighbor who had a legit complaint with a nearby simliar looking dog to report mine by mistake, and I could come home and find my fenced in pet missing, without a clue what happened, and is say if it was a dog bite/attack complaint, my dog could be put down before I discovered the real situation, or again by the fine print, if I "passed" for any reason, the pet returns and stays with the HS as they retain ownership, not with my closest or preferred designated relatives. That sucks. Your understanding of what the purpose of the stipulations is based on faith, it is very easily corrected, just include a due process clause that the owner gets to make their case, or the HS must give notice before during and/or after their actions. If it is so rare, it would easy to do I suspect.

If you think I have made up what I am sharing above, this conversation is over.

Is it possible, that on that only on that one day, and that one HS location, these terms existed, yes I admit, but I doubt it.
Wasn't doubting you, was just astonished about what you said.
I've had 6 rescue dogs over the years and never signed any contract with wording like that.
I still think the spirit of those contracts is to protect the welfare of the animal but that is definitely over the line. Also from doing a little googling it seems that each HS/ Shelter is different and have their own stipulations.

Here is one from Orange County (CA) Humane Society: https://www.ochumanesociety.com/dogs--- ... tract.html
High quality metal, body and paint work
http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?t ... inia.9030/
j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c »

Fair enough. I just left the local Humane society, and they are hesitant to share a current contract as I can't honestly state I am interested in a current adoption, which they will, if I submit and pass the application process. It appears that this Humane Society has/had an agreement with local Animal control in handling pet adoptions, and use the "contract" I referred to in my rant from 7? years ago, which I attached. Please review items 5, 7,8,9, & 10 on page 3 carefully to understand what is exactly being agreed to in this contract. The safety and protection of animals is a worthy justification here, but its interpretation is so one sided abuse or misuse is the Damocles sword threat. I fully agree the likelihood of a bad outcome is remote, but as I am sure you understand, a pet becomes a member of one;s family, and that is something always worth protecting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

Post by BCjohnny »

Funnily enough I was thinking of Red Barchetta and the 'motor law' a few days ago, relevance etc

Has to be the best part of forty years old, and based IIRC on an even earlier short story

I guess it was obvious even then ..... like a train coming down the track
ClassicRob

Post by ClassicRob »

CamKing wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:55 am
When I was in CA, I got a dog from the local Boxer rescue, and the contract was exactly what you said yours was.
The rescue "owns" the dog, and they could come and take it, at any time, for any reason. The contract also stated that if they showed up at my house, I would have to make the dog available to them, and let them see her living conditions. I had to let them know who was living in the house, and the age of my children. The Rescue also required that I give our Vet permission to share the dog's medical files with them.
The contract really gave me a sick feeling, reading it, but after I paid the rescue, I never heard anything again from them.
My wife does the same thing with German Shepherds. We are a GSD house and she often will look for ones to foster while they try to find a permanent home. That contract is exactly the same as yours was.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

BCjohnny wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:05 pm Funnily enough I was thinking of Red Barchetta and the 'motor law' a few days ago, relevance etc

Has to be the best part of forty years old, and based IIRC on an even earlier short story
The song was inspired by the futuristic short story "A Nice Morning Drive", written by Richard Foster and published in the November 1973 issue of Road & Track magazine.
https://www.ajournalofmusicalthings.com ... barchetta/

I was in a RUSH cover band, a million years ago.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

It's bad, really bad. The only thing I can think of is to get the hell out of here.
Powertrip
Pro
Pro

Post by Powertrip »

There is no where to run. It's heading that way everywhere. :x
The price of progress is trouble.
johnef

Post by johnef »

Belgian1979 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:04 pm It's bad, really bad. The only thing I can think of is to get the hell out of here.
No where to run friend. I domiciled in Chinada, and boogied on out last August after selling my properties in December, and toys.
Residing somewhere in Europe, its all the same. UN has its strangle hold on every Nation.

People need to know how to navigate through the mine fields.

PM if interested. I have some interesting audios of actionable intel, unrelated to Engine Tech.

I seek my sanity in this forum, since having all the time now.

No dagstrips where I am unfortunately, just road courses.
4vpc
Pro
Pro

Post by 4vpc »

Belgian1979 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:31 pm We learned today a new ruling has been past that requires all cars from 2022 to have a gps, black box and camera system installed which enforces the speed limits on the driver. You can still go faster if you press hard on the pedal but you'll be confronted with a strong wistle type sound and it gets registred on the black box.

Total communist type of state control :evil:
Leave the EU, worked for us.
Have you had your CV vaccine yet?
There is no S on the end of RPM.
BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

Post by BCjohnny »

CamKing wrote:I was in a RUSH cover band, a million years ago.
Well ..... no way comparable but saw them back in '79 in Brum, first major gig
gruntguru
Guru
Guru

Post by gruntguru »

CamKing wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:55 am
I dont like the underlined bit, but the rest is probably justified if it helps them reclaim abused animals whilst not discouraging too many paranoid libertarians from adopting.