Howards Cams

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

CamKing
Guru
Guru

Re: Howards Cams

Post by CamKing »

hoffman900 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:49 pm Bullet has the old Ultradyne stuff, Howards has the Arrington stuff and I believe designs he did as an independent consultant, and Lunati has his last designs. Comp probably has some of his Comp era (mid-late 70s) designs still.
After Holley bought Lunati in 1998, they approached me to go to work for them, as their cam designer.
After I talked to a few people, and found out Holley was bleeding Lunati dry, I decided not to get involved with that cluster#&*@.
They then hired Harold, and he designed their "VooDoo" lines. He was only there a few years, and he told me, after he left, how screwed up it was.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
Super_Stock

Post by Super_Stock »

It just seems that once the founder of a company is gone, then the passion goes with it. If your lucky one of the family will take over the company with just as much passion as the person who created it and it will live on. But once that changes or the company gets sold to a larger one, then usually it all starts to fall apart.
n2omike
Guru
Guru

Post by n2omike »

1. Passionate Innovator starts company and grows it into a proud accomplishment.
2. Owner sells to a conglomerate and retires.
3. Conglomerate rides the good name into the ground while cutting staff/costs and cashes in/sells out the name until it loses its good reputation.
4. Conglomerate calls it a success because there was a net profit, and another 'once good' business bites the dust and fades into oblivion.
Super_Stock

Post by Super_Stock »

Yep, that's right.
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

The bitter irony is we need that to happen in order for our retirement accounts to keep gaining interest...

Just hope you're not on the receiving end of the "cuts"
-Bob