Anyone out there using the BM alu Hemi block

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

af2
Guru
Guru

Re: Anyone out there using the BM alu Hemi block

Post by af2 »

mopardave wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:45 pm Tim does not like the BM block. CP is the best in my world, its the price i'm sure i will not like. Diamonds are $1000-$1200 a set. CP i have seen for $1500 a set. Still on the fence with the BM block. I'm glad to see it getting good reviews on here thou. Spoke with Todd Marsh about it and he had nothing bad to say about the BM block.
You need to get a new supplier Sorry the KB is far the best for making 4+ hp per inch.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

mopardave wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:45 pm Tim does not like the BM block. CP is the best in my world, its the price i'm sure i will not like. Diamonds are $1000-$1200 a set. CP i have seen for $1500 a set. Still on the fence with the BM block. I'm glad to see it getting good reviews on here thou. Spoke with Todd Marsh about it and he had nothing bad to say about the BM block.
Hell ts not a sm blk chevy. I had a set of off the shelf 426 pistons from JE cost almost that much.
CP does make quality pasts for sure as does diamond but if you work with a manufacture for any length of time they get what you wanting for parts

And the turn around time for custom pistons for a one time buyer can be much longer then a regular builder. And if you make a mistake on the spec sheet its your dime and you now get to own a set of paperweights.
Ring choices also come into play when the grooves are correctly designed things seal much better then genericly designed with grooves that are too deeper those like diamond and others that supply a cheapo ring set not a specificly designed set from Total Seal.
I would bet some of the extra cost is just the ring set if they are supplying you with a TS set.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
mopardave

Post by mopardave »

Ok, I’ll ask Tim about that when I sneak to him tomorrow.