Stainless Steel Valves

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

fabr
Expert
Expert
Stainless Steel Valves

Post by fabr »

Looking for opinions. Who currently makes the highest quality,both materials and QC, stainless steel valves?
dannobee
Expert
Expert
Re: Stainless Steel Valves

Post by dannobee »

For off the shelf stuff, probably the Manley Inconel XH-432 alloy Extreme Duty valves.

Ferrea makes some 6000 series valves that are in the same category, Inconel 'Super Alloy" or something like that. Very high quality too
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

Pretty much all the valves come from Argentina(or at least used to, I've been out of the game for a bit). There is recycled stainless coming from China though.
Most street flat tappet stuff will be fine with the normal 21-4n stuff you can get very reasonable. Manley, REV and Ferrea all make great steel valves. No need to use inconel on anything but the exhaust side in severe environments. Manley's inconel are usually 2 peice(easily checked with a magnet) which makes them a bit lighter. I generally use Manley severe duty intake and their inconel ex when the application needs. The manley severe duty intake material is generally better than the REV and Ferrea intakes. The inconel stuff I have seen no difference besides sometimes a better shape for what I wanted, between brands anyway.
The QC of all 3 of these companies has always been top notch.
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

Manley has the best quality valves at this time.
the inconel valves are much more costly but they serve a purpose.
The super duty stainless valves are 2nd to none and decent pricing as well for the quality.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

ProPower engines wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:08 am Manley has the best quality valves at this time.
the inconel valves are much more costly but they serve a purpose.
The super duty stainless valves are 2nd to none and decent pricing as well for the quality.
I just got a set of Manley pro flo intake valves and severe duty Exhaust valves through Summit as I could not buy anything here in Australia.
I heard a rumour they might be coming from India ??
Seems like the quality is good but only thing I noticed was the plastic packaging is different
Anyone else know about this.
I faced these valves up to 50deg,run true on the valve face machine with good margin etc,no complaints here just curious :?:
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"
Geoff2
Guru
Guru

Post by Geoff2 »

A set of Speedpro forged pistons I used a couple of years back where made in India...