General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

fabr
Expert
Expert
Re: Lubricating the backs of bearings

Post by fabr »

Momus wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:32 pm
treyrags wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:53 am I hate to add to a discussion that is 5 pages longer than it should be. Of course the surfaces need to be clean and dry when assembled. But every engine I have disassembled oil has found its way behind the bearing shells. So why is it ok to be there later?
Did you hear that loud whooshing sound?

That was the point going over your head.

The discussion is about whether to assemble and engine and deliberately lubricate the bearings and bore.

Engines I dismantle usually have no oil behind the bearings and often the bearings etched ID is printed on the block or rod.
Oh ,I see, it makes a difference whether it was intentional or not. :lol: This topic has now moved into subtle insults and as such serves no further purpose.
Momus
Pro
Pro

Post by Momus »

fabr wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:44 pm
Momus wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:32 pm
treyrags wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:53 am I hate to add to a discussion that is 5 pages longer than it should be. Of course the surfaces need to be clean and dry when assembled. But every engine I have disassembled oil has found its way behind the bearing shells. So why is it ok to be there later?
Did you hear that loud whooshing sound?

That was the point going over your head.

The discussion is about whether to assemble and engine and deliberately lubricate the bearings and bore.

Engines I dismantle usually have no oil behind the bearings and often the bearings etched ID is printed on the block or rod.
Oh ,I see, it makes a difference whether it was intentional or not. :lol: This topic has now moved into subtle insults and as such serves no further purpose.
Indeed. The consensus that you don't oil was reached on the first page.

Whoosh.. you have been the obdurate pedant refusing to accept yes for an answer. :D
fabr
Expert
Expert

Post by fabr »

If you say so. Subtle insults and big words is always a sure sign of a losing argument. Well done. =D>