Porting With an Electric Die Grinder

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Re: Porting With an Electric Die Grinder

Post by RevTheory »

So I was reading the reviews on a fan controller I was thinking about trying and some dude said his was too fast so he pulled the back off and adjusted the little screw back there and it was good-to-go.

Well lo and behold, my cheapo had the same little screw and I'm in business now. Whoda thunk it #-o
Hoges

Post by Hoges »

hoodeng wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:41 am MRS, it looks like it will take you a bit of time to wear out all those hand pieces before you even think about buying another one....But......Next time you do decide to get one, look at the Makita GDO810C as well, this has a reduction drive that i find suited to the alloy cut carbides.

As for air compressors, my workshop is located in a residential area so noise is always a consideration, i have been here for over thirty years and have been through a couple of compressors, the earlier ones were larger Ingersoll Rand and CP units purely to accommodate air tool demand. Since i changed over to electric well over ten years ago, still listening to a compressor cutting in and out started to bug me. I bought a Chicago Hush 50 silent unit, all i can say is that i should have bought it years ago, 69db, the unloader makes more noise than the compressor units.

Cheers.
Yes its very silent
RW TECH
Guru
Guru

Post by RW TECH »

GARY C wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:59 pm Has anyone tried to adapt a Foredom foot controller to a conventional grinder?
I use a Foredom foot pedal with my Makita and the Foredom & have no problems.