Holley 600 vac sec

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

rocketracer380
Pro
Pro
Holley 600 vac sec

Post by rocketracer380 »

No fuel flow thru the secondaries do they provide idle fuel? They open but no fuel flow through the boosters is something clogged?
My427stang
Expert
Expert

Re: Holley 600 vac sec

Post by My427stang »

Two questions there I think, considering a standard 1850

Yes, they should have idle fuel, although not adjustable. You wouldn't see it in operation though

The secondary boosters are fed through the metering plate (small holes on the bottom) and the bowl is fed by the crossover tube. If the bowl is filling, with airflow, and assuming you didn't use an incorrect gasket it should pull fuel with secondary airflow. No other time, and you'd have to have your head or a camera over it to see it
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
Plattsmouth, NE
70 Mustang, 489 FE, TKO-600, Massflo SEFI, 4.11s
71 F100 SB 4x4, 461 FE, 4 speed, port injected EFI, 3.50s
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

Per My427stang, how are you able to see that the secondaries open? Either the engine must be running full throttle at high RPM or you've disconnected the linkage and opened them by hand. In the latter case there won't be enough airflow to draw fuel through the secondary boosters.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

MadBill wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:51 pm Per My427stang, how are you able to see that the secondaries open? Either the engine must be running full throttle at high RPM or you've disconnected the linkage and opened them by hand. In the latter case there won't be enough airflow to draw fuel through the secondary boosters.
If in car a go pro camera in a good spot underhood will tell the tale on secondary opening action.
SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk »

A small paper clip on the secondary diaphram rod will show if the secondaries are opening and how far.

But back to the original question, is there fuel in the secondary float bowl?
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine