Titan Speed Engineering Oil Pumps

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Bill SS 396
Titan Speed Engineering Oil Pumps

Post by Bill SS 396 »

Titan Speed Engineering

I’m using a titan wet sump oil pump with a hex drive shaft in my Dart BBC block. The last time I checked Titan did not have a replacement distributor gear available with the hex to drive the oil pump. At some point I will have to address this issue. Has anyone used this pump and had to deal with this? The Moroso 22074 shaft looks like it might work but it is for a .400 raised cam block, assuming it is .400 short. Any ideas?
Thanks
Bill
70MC
Pro
Pro

Re: Titan Speed Engineering Oil Pumps

Post by 70MC »

I am using a Titan in my SBC and my BBC. The hex engages the pump, the other end that engages the distributor is stock.
A bad day of racing is better than a good day of work
Bill SS 396

Post by Bill SS 396 »

70MC, thanks for the response, that is the shaft that I need. Did the shaft come with the pump from titan? Any ideas where I could find a replacement shaft. I have tried to call and email titan the last week with no response.
I talked to the gentleman that bought the company from Bob Sanders after the shop burned several years ago. He said all inventory and drawings were lost in the fire.
70MC
Pro
Pro

Post by 70MC »

I don't know where else you can get one. My most recent dealing with Titan was about a year and a half, it was the new owner. He was a little hard to reach for me also, but just as nice as the original owner.
Wish I could help more
TBART1970

Post by TBART1970 »

Bill SS 396 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:42 am 70MC, thanks for the response, that is the shaft that I need. Did the shaft come with the pump from titan? Any ideas where I could find a replacement shaft. I have tried to call and email titan the last week with no response.
I talked to the gentleman that bought the company from Bob Sanders after the shop burned several years ago. He said all inventory and drawings were lost in the fire.
Sent an email, I might have extra, although may be too short.
Shawn@Titan

Post by Shawn@Titan »

Please feel free to reach out, my name is Shawn Van Horn my wife and I own Titan. We are doing everything we can to get it back to its former glory. The bronze gears are being machined as we speak to accept the 5/16 hex shaft and the longer stock style intermediate shafts are currently at the hardeners. Give me a call at +18054662700 I can fill you in on all that’s going on.
nhrastocker
Expert
Expert

Post by nhrastocker »

Shawn@Titan wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:35 am Please feel free to reach out, my name is Shawn Van Horn my wife and I own Titan. We are doing everything we can to get it back to its former glory. The bronze gears are being machined as we speak to accept the 5/16 hex shaft and the longer stock style intermediate shafts are currently at the hardeners. Give me a call at +18054662700 I can fill you in on all that’s going on.
All I can say is that dealing with Shawn has been a great experience!
Assuming that during working hours, as a small business, they are hard to reach, I texted them and they responded to my texts in a timely manner.
I provided all the information and got an immediate quote, and got my SBF pump within two weeks as promised, that in today's issues parts availability, is unheard of.
They make a great product, made in the USA and they are a small business with great customer service.
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Shawn@Titan wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:35 am Please feel free to reach out, my name is Shawn Van Horn my wife and I own Titan. We are doing everything we can to get it back to its former glory. The bronze gears are being machined as we speak to accept the 5/16 hex shaft and the longer stock style intermediate shafts are currently at the hardeners. Give me a call at +18054662700 I can fill you in on all that’s going on.
Shawn,
Do you think there will be a point where you bring back the clutches?
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Shawn@Titan

Post by Shawn@Titan »

My friend Drew Has all the clutch stuff, He is in the process of getting everything recertified for SFI and starting to build parts again it’s drewfab or titan clutches
drewfabinc

Post by drewfabinc »

Dave Koehler wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:09 am
Shawn,
Do you think there will be a point where you bring back the clutches?
Dave,
We are actively working on reviving the clutch line. We are in the process of making stock and re establishing the SFI certification. You can reach out via phone/text/email. ddominique@drewbuilt.com, website is www.titanclutch.com, 6199213901. We are also on facebook and instagram as @titanclutch. Happy to answer any questions and hope to have parts and complete clutches ready to go shortly.
-Drew
Alaskaracer
Expert
Expert

Post by Alaskaracer »

Shawn,
Are you set up to refurb older pumps? I have two I'd like to get redone....
Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream rear engine dragster
Speed kills but it's better than going slow!
http://www.livinthedreamracing.com
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
Shawn@Titan

Post by Shawn@Titan »

Yes we can inspect, rebuild and reset pressures.
Titan Speed
179 Niblick rd #405
Paso Robles CA 93446