Dart NEW REVISED SHP SBC Cylinder Heads

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

BOOT
Guru
Guru

Re: Dart NEW REVISED SHP SBC Cylinder Heads

Post by BOOT »

MELWAY wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:45 am This new casting. Look a lot like AFR castings.

I wonder if they come out of same factory as the
AFR enforcer heads?

Anyone confirm if these New Dart castings are USA made?
AFR enforcer are offshore castings and machined by AFR, that casting is kinda copy of Dart pro1 plat. The offshore copy goes under many names or can be found generic on ebay. I have a few sets of them and they are not the same as either Dart 180 SHP

I don't know for certain if the NEW Dart SHP is USA cast, herd rumors that they may be not but don't think it was china in that rumor. I know Dart has had foundry issues.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

1980RS wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:24 am Ask any Stock or Super Stock guy about out of the box heads and see if they run'em that way, I bet not. My friend who runs an A/Stock Camaro had his new GM BBC heads that cannot be messed with other than valve work re-done, they picked up a bunch redoing the seats and valves and those were new heads. I always go back to Vortecpro's video on new head and valve seat runout. I touch up every seat and valve on my own stuff I get and for me the results have paid off performance wise.
Not trying to be rude but your not telling me anything that I've not read/herd at 1000 times. Every part has to be checked even assembled heads need to be taken apart, inspected and cleaned.

If my stuff was Max effort then I'd buy the equipment or pay someone to do a good VJ, it's not. I'm into diy and I improve what I can with what I have.

1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

BOOT wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:39 am
1980RS wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:24 am Ask any Stock or Super Stock guy about out of the box heads and see if they run'em that way, I bet not. My friend who runs an A/Stock Camaro had his new GM BBC heads that cannot be messed with other than valve work re-done, they picked up a bunch redoing the seats and valves and those were new heads. I always go back to Vortecpro's video on new head and valve seat runout. I touch up every seat and valve on my own stuff I get and for me the results have paid off performance wise.
Not trying to be rude but your not telling me anything that I've not read/herd at 1000 times. Every part has to be checked even assembled heads need to be taken apart, inspected and cleaned.

If my stuff was Max effort then I'd buy the equipment or pay someone to do a good VJ, it's not. I'm into diy and I improve what I can with what I have.
A great valve job on any head is not a max effort, by the way when I just talked with my friend he said that valve job over the our of the box was worth 42hp. Money well spent for a good amount that amount of hp.
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

Apples to Oranges

1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

BOOT wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:19 pm Apples to Oranges
:roll:
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

OK as promised here are some details

Flow is up, spec sheet only had @500 numbers.
11cfm on the intake
32cfm for the exhaust

Head now has a boss for a center coolant port & bosses that look to be for Stahl header pattern. Over all quality has improved alot and I like the new casting. They moved the spark plug over a bit. Deck appears to be thicker and flange gaskets fit is better.

Ron Miller
Pro
Pro

Post by Ron Miller »

1980RS wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:12 pm
BOOT wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:39 am

A great valve job on any head is not a max effort, by the way when I just talked with my friend he said that valve job over the our of the box was worth 42hp. Money well spent for a good amount that amount of hp.
So, what is the Hot set up on the valve job with the Edelbrock 401 head and the 934 head?
Ron Miller
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

Any chance of flow testing these new SHP heads, Boot?
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

F-BIRD'88 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:03 pm Any chance of flow testing these new SHP heads, Boot?
Actually I contacted a few other youtubers that flow heads and was gonna send the NEW SHP head(also offered the poor quality OLD) for them to make their own video flow testing. But no takers, so both heads are shipping out. I decided to go ahead and return the OLD head and just got off the phone to exchange the NEW head, so who knows when I'll get that replacement. Not really interested myself but figured many would like to see the actual flow numbers tested by an independent and it would be good content for someone else, figured wrong I guess.

WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

BOOT wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:52 pm
F-BIRD'88 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:03 pm Any chance of flow testing these new SHP heads, Boot?
Actually I contacted a few other youtubers that flow heads and was gonna send the NEW SHP head(also offered the poor quality OLD) for them to make their own video flow testing. But no takers, so both heads are shipping out. I decided to go ahead and return the OLD head and just got off the phone to exchange the NEW head, so who knows when I'll get that replacement. Not really interested myself but figured many would like to see the actual flow numbers tested by an independent and it would be good content for someone else, figured wrong I guess.

I said I would do it. I never said I wouldn’t.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

Ps this is what the last dart shp 180 looked like I flowed. It doesn’t look like you old dart head.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

As cast 180 SHP I bought about 12 months ago.
20211116_160705.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

As cast exhaust NO PIPE and tested with short pipe
20211116_161055.jpg
20211116_161108.jpg
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"
Adger Smith
Guru
Guru

Post by Adger Smith »

GARY C wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:54 pm
af2 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:57 pm Am I looking at a pro-action/ Rhs head?
Pro Action/RHS head
Look at the spark plug location on the Dart vs RHS/PA
check out the Olds /Chevy heads that were used on Harry Gant's Skoal Bandit
Casting # 22542525
Adger Smith
Adger Smith Performance Engines
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
adgersperf@aol.com e-mail
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

WeingartnerRacing wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:48 am I said I would do it. I never said I wouldn’t.
You said maybe December and in my last message I asked you to confirm. Then since you didn't reply, I figured that you were no longer interested. But it doesn't matter now, the heads are no longer my problem.