Question For the Nascar SB2.2 Guys

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

fabr
Expert
Expert
Question For the Nascar SB2.2 Guys

Post by fabr »

In the final years of Nascar using the SB2.2 was the Fel-Pro 1144-2 MLS the head gasket used and if so were the coolant holes used as is or modified? Mainly interested in the coolant holes. WarpSpeed or anyone that's intimate with the SB2.2 as used in nascar?
fabr
Expert
Expert
Re: Question For the Nascar SB2.2 Guys

Post by fabr »

I guess all the in the know old nascar guys picked up and went home?? :idea: :lol: Oh well, guess I'll try somewhere else. Thanks for all the past help. It has been most appreciated.
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

fabr wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:59 pm I guess all the in the know old nascar guys picked up and went home?? :idea: :lol: Oh well, guess I'll try somewhere else. Thanks for all the past help. It has been most appreciated.
You posted on a Friday and this is your response on Monday. Traffic on most forums is light on the weekends…
-Bob
fabr
Expert
Expert

Post by fabr »

Honestly,I thought I was being gracious with a bit of humor. Sorry you took it wrong. Should I have just said bump? #-o
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

fabr wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:24 pm Honestly,I thought I was being gracious with a bit of humor. Sorry you took it wrong. Should I have just said bump? #-o
No worries! I found this site to be a bit slower than back in the day, but people are still floating around. Give it a minute or two!
-Bob
fabr
Expert
Expert

Post by fabr »

Maybe the old nascar guys went on vacation instead of home? :lol: Oh well. :D
dannobee
Expert
Expert

Post by dannobee »

Maybe call Fel Pro/Federal Mogul at 800-325-8886.

There was a GM tech sheet outlining which holes got drilled to what. AFAIK, the head gaskets were made to spec because of the different sized holes and various different cooling strategies.
fabr
Expert
Expert

Post by fabr »

Thank you. Due to what you said is why I was looking for the answer from hopefully WarpSpeed or anyone with close connections with maybe RCR or Hendricks of the time. I had already checked with Fel-Pro and didn't really get any good answers. Thanks again ,I appreciate the reply.
fabr
Expert
Expert

Post by fabr »

To those that pm'ed me,many thanks!!!! =D>